what fishing apps?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quackrstackr said:
Boat Ramps is a good one that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

That's a cool app, Quack! Thanks :)
I'm going to try to add this and all of the others to my unofficial review list on page one of this thread.

HOUSE said:
I downloaded 9 apps and played around with them recently, and here's my 2cents. Since the apps continuously change, please take my recommendations with a grain of salt.
As of 4/10/12 my top choices are:
For weather/compass/maps/trip photos and marking locations: Cabellas Recon Fish.
For a fishing log: My Fishing Companion. (I haven't tried many paid versions yet, however).
For knots: Knot Wars.
For hiking & backwater river fishing: Backpacker GPS trails.

I was using Fishin' Buddy which seems to be about the same a My Fishing Companion. I downloaded MFC to take a look at it too. I would love to find one that would sync so I could enter the info on my phone and then be able to review/edit it on the tablet. Even if it only did it over wifi would be fine.

iFishEarth is a new iPhone and iPad App for fishing reports. It's real user friendly and has lots of useful information from guides as well as some user submitted reports. Worth checking out, both are free.

Been looking at the apps that House has tested and reviewed. One such app was My Fishin' Companion to me it was missing trips you could log fish and all your gear and what gear you used in catching a fish, you could also make combos out of reels and rods plus line. Cool as you could then pick a combo as gear. The only thing I really saw missing was trips. There was no place to record a trip with comments about it and to group your catches by trip. Well today My Fishin' Companion was updated and much to my delight in now includes trips & you can put you catches into a trip.

Now if it would only sync with my tablet it would be a 10 :D

vahunter said:
I have a navionics on my IPhone 4. Love it...has maps, tides, current, moon/sun rise/set, wind, etc. Well worth the $9.99 if you ever go in big water and even more so if you go at night. But it doesn't have all waters

I can't find it in the App Store right now - maybe they're upgrading. I saw it a couple weeks ago, but when I went to purchase it yesterday, it was gone.

Sawdust Farmer said:
vahunter said:
I have a navionics on my IPhone 4. Love it...has maps, tides, current, moon/sun rise/set, wind, etc. Well worth the $9.99 if you ever go in big water and even more so if you go at night. But it doesn't have all waters

I can't find it in the App Store right now - maybe they're upgrading. I saw it a couple weeks ago, but when I went to purchase it yesterday, it was gone.
just got an update for Navionics. They had to fix some bugs so they removed it temporarily. Should be back up now.

Latest posts