What line do you guys use with a Revo STX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmytruck

Reaction score
Hello
I have a few STX and I have been using P-line c-xxx for all of my baitcasters and the only reels that backlash a few times on the water are my stx's.. So I was wondering what line you guys use with the STX..

I have 12lb Fluroclear on mine but it feels too stretchy, I need to try something else next season.

I've got a Viento - not too much different from yours. I tried out a new line to me - Seaguar Red Line 100% Fluorocarbon ($13 for 200 yards at my local tackle shop). Bassboy1 and I used it on different reels pretty much all day long - and with few backlashes... ok, so I was trying to hit the moon a few times, and I hardly use any brakes, so that's never a good idea. Anyways, NO KINKS AT ALL in my line, and we both pulled up some pretty impressive tree limbs. He was using cxx on a different rod, and it gets those tiny coils/memory, but I'll be dang if you can break that stuff.

Jim said:
I have 12# and 14# Excel if you want to spool one up to try it...... :D

Cool I give it a shot jim... I might try braid on the jerk rod... since I have to respool my surf combo that has like 200 of 40 pound yards of power pro..

Latest posts