While working on YOUR various projects what is the worst...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started working for my father in law setting concrete forms we were forming up a retaining wall and setting four foot panels. We always pack them in pairs. I went to the truck to get a pair. The stack at the time was about crotch level. As I pulled a pair from the stack, the forms separated and when I straightened them up I somehow got the very tip of my wee wee pinched between them. That was 20 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday and am still very mindful of the incident when we are pack four foot panels.

Brian J said:
When I first started working for my father in law setting concrete forms we were forming up a retaining wall and setting four foot panels. We always pack them in pairs. I went to the truck to get a pair. The stack at the time was about crotch level. As I pulled a pair from the stack, the forms separated and when I straightened them up I somehow got the very tip of my wee wee pinched between them. That was 20 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday and am still very mindful of the incident when we are pack four foot panels.

Pouring concrete naked is something I don't think I'd admit to. NOPE....I'm sure I wouldn't admit to it. :shock: :LOL2:

fender66 said:
Brian J said:

Pouring concrete naked is something I don't think I'd admit to. NOPE....I'm sure I wouldn't admit to it. :shock: :LOL2:

HA!!

Wasn't naked and Levi's aren't nearly as thick as advertised................... :LOL2:

Several years ago, I was skinning a mountain lion that I had trapped and was working on the feet when I poked the tip of the knife blade into the end of my left index finger. I had a tiny little puncture wound that did not hurt at all, so I simply continued what I was doing and forgot about it. A couple of days later, my finger swelled up like a sausage and I had 3 bright red streaks going up my arm from the wrist to the armpit. Hurt like hell, so I went into see the doc. He took one look at it and told me that if I didn't get to the hospital immediately that I would, at the very least, have my arm amputated and would quite likely die! Needless to say, I went straight to the hospital and spent the next three days having IV antibiotics administered. Those big cats have some awfully nasty bacteria up under their claws, so the tiniest little knife puncture almost killed me!

I got two good laughs reading this thread. Nice one, guys :)

fender66 said:
Now the costliest mistake I made on a project was of course to start on it. :LOL2:

RichgG said:
And the funniest thing about all of these confessions....is that we still LISTEN to most of these guys...when we want to do something to our boats...

LOL

In a college job, was making a custom sound room for an A/V shop I worked for. MDF at all angles with bondo glass in the corners. By myself one early morning, ran my ring finger through the mechanism of a belt sander. In the front, out the back. Passed out after about 30 seconds of hopping around on one foot not making a sound. Woke up to my coworker shaking me as I lay in a puddle of drool and blood on the cold concrete. Now have a skinny fingernail on that hand.

The worst pain ever was when I was running a tiny drill bit on a dremel that slipped off and went through my hand. Had to back it out by "unscrewing" it out of the collet and out of my hand. That hurt. No scar, dammit!

Had to pull a Rapala filet knife out of my dad's hand once. He was trying to sheathe it and the tip wedged in between the plastic liner and the leather sheath. He forced it through the sheath, straight through his hand and out and up his index finger. He passed out before I could get it out. It runs in the family.

Ran head on into a stump in high grass on my Rhino a couple of years ago. Woke up about 20 feet away from the thing. Tried to eat the roll cage on the way out apparently. Broken collarbone, bruised ribs and a messed up face.

The worst of the worst though, and this is kinda funny! My brother is a decorated Marine and hardcore MF who came home drunk one time and decided to get on my 4 Wheeler and jump a terraced field. He didn't know how to run it apparently. We came home from church to find my beloved Kawasaki crumpled into bits. He had flipped it running into a double terrace and the right brake handle had gone straight up his wazoo. We found him inside whimpering and bleeding in the shower. We had to take him to the hospital to get his butthole put back together. That must have just sucked for him!

i haven't really injured myself too badly while working on a project. i worked at a machine shop when i was younger and my boss there drilled working safely and using the right equipment (goggles, etc) into us, so i guess that helped.

most annoying thing i did was give myself a pretty bad sunburn on both my arms from welding without proper protection. it was about 95° in the middle of the summer and didn't think it would take me as long as it did so i didn't put on long sleeves. the burn was really stupid looking, running from half way up my forearm where my gauntlets ended to halfway up my bicep where my t-shirt started.