Who has the Safest tin?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left my plug out once, WOT took care of it in no time. After that, I took a marker and a strip of cloth, wrote PLUG on it, and zip tied it to one of the transom straps. Haven't forgotten the plug again, but the reminder is right there in my face every time I prep the boat at the launch.

I forgot the DP one time years ago, took off at high speed and the water drained out, then left the motor in gear and got the DP in from the inside. Whew. Learned right then to make a mental checklist, and haven't forgotten it since. Doesn't mean I won't have a brainfart/senior moment the next time out, but as long as I remember my checklist, I won't forget the DP. I usually do the DP when I remove the transom saver or put the transom saver back on. If you've never forgotten the DP, one day you WILL.

Can i use an escuse...i'm new at boating and i've done twice in less than a year... :roll: ....last time my wife shouted : the plug is out :shock: :shock: ,and i'm like what's out...?...and we only noticed this because i had a lousy ramp back up and when i corrected it she yelled at me #-o
Dan...