Wiring up boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebpayne

Reaction score
:LOL2: I am finishing up my sprayed floor (undercoat paint rubberized) and will soon be placing plywood flooring and sides on my Sea Nymph R14. My question is? Do you use any type of conduit for the wiring of bow lights, bilge pumps, fish finders, livewells, lights etc. I am using all LED lighting and plan on using two deep cells for motor, equipment and one mounted in bow for Trolling Motor alone.

Any advise will help!

Thanks, my first mod...

calebpayne said:
My question is? Do you use any type of conduit for the wiring of bow lights, bilge pumps, fish finders, livewells, lights etc.

I did not and have not had any problems. I've seen others use conduit though.

I used 1/2" grey pvc under the plywood floor. it may not be necessary but i did not want to take a chance. it is less than $2.00 for 10' at lowes. :)

I just noticed today on my center console. It has hella headlights in the front, speakers, and lights everywhere in the boat. I just noticed today that he used green garden hose to house all the wires.. not sure if it was a good idea or a cheap idea. but so far so good. lol

I would stick to the grey pvc if it were up to me though.

I used liquid tight flexible non metallic conduit to run my wires between my console and engine compartment. Then split wire looms on everything in the engine compartment and under the console.

Keeps it neat and professional looking, and protects the wires from abrasion, being pulled loose, etc.

My troll motor battery is in my center console and that is the power for my GPS, and dept finder, all on their own circuit.
The lights and starter battery are on the back battery alone. I did not want to be on the water and ready to leave with a dead battery.