Would you upgrade?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInMichigan

Reaction score
I just recently purchased an older Richline 1560 on an old TeeNee trailer equipped with a 2003 Merc 9.9hp 2 stroke. I paid $1350. I have invested another $150 putting carpet in the bench seats, new tires, trailer lights and wiring. So I'm in it for $1500.

My cousin comes over and see's my ( new to me boat ), and tells me he will sell me his boat for $2000. He bought everything new in 1998:

Smokercraft 1470 BigFish
Merc 25hp electric start 2 stroke
Shorelander trailer

I know for a fact he has low hours on the combo and he has always taken care of his toys.
The Smokercraft has a livewell with lake water circulation pump and storage compartment. It also has a factory decked and carpeted floor ( all features I was thinking on doing to the Richline, if possible ).

Trying to decide if I should buy the Smokercraft and hope to recoup my $1500 on the Richline. Cant afford to put out the $2000 if I cant recoup the $1500.

If he will wait for you to sell yours first, I would buy it. If you got 1500, that is alot more for $500. The motor alone is a worthy upgrade. Imagine the time you could spend fishing as well instead of working on the boat to get the same end result.

X2 on the above.

Its definitely a worthy upgrade.

Plus, you can list your current boat for $2,000 and see what happens. You never know what people on Craigslist are willing to pay for something.

I also agree with the posters above. Sounds like a great upgrade for the price if you can move your current boat. Stick that sucker up for sale!

Latest posts