Boat Trailer build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it all depends on where you are launching your boat. I like the light to be just above the gunnels on your boat. Four to six inches and no more than 12in. I like a neat package, nothing wacky. Great looking trailer BTW.

To get the height of the guides right - hook the trailer to the truck -
back it down the ramp you will use most of the time -
can you see the tops of the guides when the trailer starts down the ramp?

Yes = tall enough - No = Nope, not tall enough.

One other thing - when you get it all done, take the boat to the ramp and back it down.
Just when the boat starts to float, get out of the truck and make a mark on the driver's side guide at the water level.
When you get it home and dried off, paint that mark so the next time you are backing the boat down the ramp you will know when the trailer is far enough back to launch or retrieve the boat.

Thanks. Ill leave them and if i have to ill get more pvc. one rame we hit is pretty steep so they would need to be alot taller. I need to order the bunk brackets and then the boat is back on. :mrgreen:

Great job. I like the taillight brackets. I'm using the same lights & was going to inset them in the trailer but I like the way you did it better. The washers for the wiring is cool too.

Thank you sir.. This is the first outing with the new trailer and it was a boat ramp funny. I unhook the winch line because thats the same thing ive done a few other times at the same ramp and well i guess my new deign and bunks helped it alot. The dang thing slid right off the trailer and on the ramp about 9' away from the water. had to hook the winch back up and crank it back up. Me and my dad were about to fall over laughing so hard. Also learned i need one more roller where the front cross brace is because when loading the nose wants to hit it and makes loading back up a bit of a pain. pulls straight and no fuses popping so everything is water tight.