Boat Trailer build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and, i also did this handle to help me lift it, thought i would share it. they sell things like that, but i already had the scrap material laying around.

https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Trailer-Tongue-Lift-Handle/dp/B003EEV4LS

heres mine, also, i copied your nut idea for wiring the lights.

Looks good, I used the washers so i could use grommets in them so it dont strip the wires after so long and short anything out.

Ive made progress on painting finally. Sprayed a coat of primer sunday then today I sprayed a coat of matte black. Looks awesome i might say since this is the first time ive used a spray gun. Its pretty easy but in some spots i got a little close and caused some errors #-o I put the hardner in the matte black so it hardens up and it has a faster dry time instead of 24 to 48 hours.

Ive got 2 maybe 3 more coats left then i can add the rollers, bunks, jack, fenders, and wire it up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I may need to figure something else out due to over spray still getting over on the other side where i don't want it. but its better then what it would be. On to Pics :wink:

well I have another picture but ive resized it to 700x500 and this stupid limit will not let me post it. says Your images may only be up to 800 pixels wide? what gives?

https://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98/tim5161/20140731_184144_zpszih3kkil.jpg

soon as i tried to edit the picture to add this guy :roll: and said had to go smaller it popped back up saying same bs

Used this in the spray gun so i could get it to dry faster instead of 32 hours to 48. Now its dry in little less then 24

Cheap 15 dollar harbor freight hvlp gun with a 20oz hopper on it. Does pretty good for what i neeed. One word of advice do a complete tear down of the gun and clean the crappy silicone out that they seal it with.

26 gallon compressor does pretty good with the job. It kicks on maybe 3 times the whole time im spraying a quart of paint

Alot of traffic through my head but not alot of responses. Feedback is welcome. First boat ive had and trailer I have built Anything that I need to add or change????

I appreciate your thread. I redid my bunks, and plan to replace the axle hardware and paint it this winter. I like the advice on the Harbor Frieght gun as that is what I plan to use. What type of paint are you using? (never mind - I found it a page back).

LOL you got it. Cheaper then the kits out and all i have to do get a pvc pipe to slip over it and i have guides.

I have the axle hangers welded in place already just have to wait for my schedule and weather here in florida to work together but its not working too well. Axle needs one more coat of paint then ill put it under.

Thanks im trying but taking me longer then i wanted it to. Lights are all working and wired up. Still need to get some pvc pipe and bunk brackets with boards and i can get the boat back on it.

Latest posts