14 ft upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

off duty

Reaction score
just brought me a 14 ft ouchita jon boat getting ready to do some mods to it this will be my second one did a 12 ft. like the turn out but once in the water daddy realized it was not going to cut the cake .had no title so could not put a motor on it and me and my 2 boyz we're sore for days lol. but got this from a co-worker, she had no use for it and for the price i could not let it pass.im really not trying to go all out this time but it has to look nice.
carpet
storage
live-well up for debate
lights
seats
oh ok maybe just a little all out
il keep posted any ideas im all ears,i have a 4 horse merc for it until i can get something but plan on going with a 25 evinrude e-tec

Attachments

• ace bp1.jpg
    ace bp1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 4,058
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4,058
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4,058
ranges from 32 up to 67 front to back started on some of the wood but its treated
so i have to rip the wood out and start over i do not need that problem of corrosion i have to wait till after the holidays to start overbut here is some pics on what im trying to do

Attachments

• 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 3,938
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3,938
i was having doubts about this transome im redoing it just does not seem right

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,938
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3,938
I'm no wood worker, but I think I'd go with a piece of 3/4 inch plywood. I'd put a couple coats of sealer on it and use stainless steel bolts. Good luck. I love the wide jonboats. Todd

lucescoflathead said:
I'm no wood worker, but I think I'd go with a piece of 3/4 inch plywood. I'd put a couple coats of sealer on it and use stainless steel bolts. Good luck. I love the wide jonboats. Todd

This - you will lose any strength in the transom if its not one piece.

I agree on one solid piece of wood.(No joints running across or especialy up and down)
Looks like you need an inch and a half thick though.
You may be able to laminate two pieces of 3/4.

What I don't understand is how do you get it in there?
It looks like they welded the boat up around the transom board!

thanks for the advice,i did not like the look of it once i finished it so i have to redo it so better now while the deck is not there.

The holidays are about over and i,m ready to get back to work on my boat sweet.

went back and started on that transome i messed up need to det it right.had to cut the top off

Attachments

• DSC07576.JPG
    DSC07576.JPG
    834.5 KB · Views: 3,663
ill have to get it back welded or scews

Attachments

• DSC07577.JPG
    DSC07577.JPG
    798.3 KB · Views: 3,663
added a simple paint job to it

Attachments

• ry=400.jpg
    ry=400.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,557
Big difference!
=D>

What did you paint it with?

off duty said:
went back and started on that transome i messed up need to det it right.had to cut the top off

I had to do the same thing with my bass tracker....I haven't quite figured out how to put it back together yet.

Loving the project man! We are lucky down here, we get to tinker with these and fish year round. I'm in Orlando. I got a 12' project boat I am using, I would love to find a wider one, and with a couple more feet.

I was just given a 70hp Johnson that I need to find a boat for, maybe a larger tin is in order for me. Hmmmmm

Bufford in Orlando

Latest posts