14' Mirrocraft - First build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finnie said:
rednecknproud21 said:
finnie said:
Thanks Derek. I just checked out your post. I like the storage you built. Did you take it out yet? I Got the TM mounted last night.

B6689DAE-3A33-4020-8273-2EE9C91DA294_zpsitcb2uoy.jpg
I have a question as to why your trolling motor is mounted angled towards the left side of the boat. All the other one I see are angled to the right. Are you left handed and is it easier to lower and recover?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well thats a good question and I'm afraid I don't have a good answer. I followed the installation instructions and what I've seen on all the boats in my fishing club. pretty much all of the bass boats I have been on in the past couple years were on the left side. Im thinking it has to do with visability when driving the boat but I'm not sure. For me I guess docking with the TM clear of the dock will be a plus. I was supposed to get the boat out this afternoon for her maiden voyage, but my job doesnt look like it will be cooperating with those plans.
I didn't even think about the console being on the right I mounted mine towards the right because it seemed easier to lower and recover because I am right handed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And let the second guessing of my descisions begin! HAHA! now Im wondering if i should have put it on the right side. I guess I'll get a better feel for it on the water. I can always move it if it seems inconvinient.

Your boat looks awesome so far! I look forward to seeing more updates.
I just started on mine last night. :)

Attachments

• Day 1 (14).jpg
    Day 1 (14).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 712
Thanks kwas. I have really enjoyed working on it. I ended up going with a relatively simple design because I didn't want to be discouraged. It actually turned out better than I imagined. I just scored a 10HP 2 stroke from our cabin in VT. Didn't run last year, but if I get her started it should be a little upgrade to the 6 hp long shaft.

I still need to finish the back but am going to be fishing this week.