1448 Grizzly 25hp Jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba559

Reaction score
Just picked this up over the weekend. Ran it in ankle deep water and runs great! Now I just have to sell my old boat!

bothboats.jpg

peace.png

https://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/Benjc/?action=view&current=IMG_1617.mp4

https://fresno.craigslist.org/boa/3166885781.html

Great little rig.. wish mine was that light.

I have debated about selling my 1856JC and getting a barebones rig..

I can't help to be bummed every time I see Bass Pro sell a 25 jet package. I bet they told you it was an honest 25hp at the pump too eh?

jasm2 said:
I can't help to be bummed every time I see Bass Pro sell a 25 jet package. I bet they told you it was an honest 25hp at the pump too eh?

I bought it used for 4K. It is 2007, planes quickly, stable and got me up a river with my buddy my prop is scared to get into. Overall I am quite impressed with the boat, I understood it was 18hp at the jet but it is plenty. You would not want to go much faster top end in the S curves and channels I have to hit.

My guess is it goes 22 mph, also i couldn't put a 40hp jet on it. It would be too heavy. Check out the link above for speed in my first post.

Very nice setup. Do you find it comfortable to steer with your right hand? I have never seen anyone do that.

I just sold a motor exactly like yours for 3100 so id say you got a pretty good deal.
You might want to look at a yamaha 30/40 in the future, its only about 15 lbs heavier then the Merc 25.

Cubman said:
Very nice setup. Do you find it comfortable to steer with your right hand? I have never seen anyone do that.

I guess i never thought much of it. It does look awkward from the picture. The river I fish on is very tight and has crazy S turns, i guess i feel more in control with my right hand. I will try with my left next time.

jasm2 said:
I just sold a motor exactly like yours for 3100 so id say you got a pretty good deal.
You might want to look at a yamaha 30/40 in the future, its only about 15 lbs heavier then the Merc 25.

I have seen that one. That is a good idea for next time, one benefit of having the merc is the abundance of service facilities and parts in my city for them.

Yeah, SCARY fast with a 20 HP on the back. True 20 that is... Not a Jet, but hey, I think a Jet would be great for around where I live...

Talons

Scuba559 said:
jasm2 said:

I bought it used for 4K. It is 2007, planes quickly, stable and got me up a river with my buddy my prop is scared to get into. Overall I am quite impressed with the boat, I understood it was 18hp at the jet but it is plenty. You would not want to go much faster top end in the S curves and channels I have to hit.

My guess is it goes 22 mph, also i couldn't put a 40hp jet on it. It would be too heavy. Check out the link above for speed in my first post.

Man, that was smoking deal. The motor is $3,999 new, then I was told another $700 for the Jet lower unit.

Latest posts