• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

15-30hp short shaft tiller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tman

Reaction score
Looking for a decent tiller for my boat. Let me know what you have. Preferably 1980's and newer.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whats it going on I have 1993 merc 60hp short shaft tiller. Lot bigger than your stated search but no one ever complains about too much power. Currently it is setup with a jet lower but I have the prop lower and could switch it back.

Dollar for dollar, I find it's tough to beat the johnnyrude 20-35's. I've had the early models with above water exhaust. They are louder but lighter (I bathroom scaled my electric start 20 at 98 lbs) It's also tough to beat the later thru hub exhaust motors. They have a good reputation and I've had good luck with them a little heavier (my 35 pull start weighs in at about 112). 20-35 is same motor, same weight so if there are no restrictions near you, go big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk