16' monark makeover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, got some more done on the front deck today. i got another few hours in on working on it. i was wondering what ya'll think about thickess of the plywood i should use. i was thinking i should use 3/4". would 1/2" be ok...thoughts , suggestions please?

Your build is really coming along nicely. I can tell you are thinking through every step to get things just the way you want. I wish I had more time to work on my build. I would have multiple designs on paper or CAD and then when I got to the worksite, I realized some things weren't going to work and I had to make it up as I went or I would risk losing the day.

I believe I used 5/8" plywood (actually sold as 19/32") for my decking. It all depends on how much bracing you put under it.

bguy said:
red= 2x2
yellow=2x4
black = seat mount location
Bracing looks good Brian, 1/2" ply would be a little soft.
3/4 would be better if it doesn't add too much weight.
We are not very light either :) Keep Hacking .....Jerry

I use 19/32 for my 2 builds I have done, plenty strong for decking or the flooring.

knnymain said:
your build is coming along great ....did you roll or spray auto paint
i had the boat sprayed...back in december...i have just been busy and just started putting a little more time back into my boat .

alright tin boat fellas , im gonna need some of your thoughts on which way the storage doors should flip open.boat 004nm.jpgnnnn.jpgseat would be attached along with lazy susan. seat not centered, but off to the rh just a bit. im thinking hinging the front of the storage doors for traveling on trailer. all covered in smoke blue indoor/outdoor like the front.

Attachments

• boat 007nnn.jpg
    boat 007nnn.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,624
Zubes said:
Your build is really coming along nicely. I can tell you are thinking through every step to get things just the way you want. I wish I had more time to work on my build. I would have multiple designs on paper or CAD and then when I got to the worksite, I realized some things weren't going to work and I had to make it up as I went or I would risk losing the day.

I believe I used 5/8" plywood (actually sold as 19/32") for my decking. It all depends on how much bracing you put under it.

i went ahead and used 19/32 plywood and it seem just fine... working on the boat again ,l had some busy times and didnt get any time to work on the interior , but now im pushing foward...fish on , soon!!!

The boat is looking great. I love the color. 16 footer should be nice and roomy too. I was looking at your schematic for back part of the boat, what are the two circles you have going to be? lights, i thinking. if you are wondering what to get take a look at mine, i put in four; two in the front and two in the back. they are really bright. they are by Seasense. just a thought for you.