16ft mirrocraft build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man its way to hot but I got some of the floor framing cut today.
Also started sanding the rest of the motor in hope of getting
It primed this week.

Attachments

• IMAG0601.jpg
    IMAG0601.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 727
  • IMAG0602.jpg
    IMAG0602.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 727
Looks good - having any issues with the angle cuts.

P.S. UPS should be stopping by your place today heres the tracking #

1Z7T5423P290150036

fool4fish1226 said:
Looks good - having any issues with the angle cuts.

P.S. UPS should be stopping by your place today heres the tracking #

1Z7T5423P290150036
Thanks. Cant wait to get it and redo the transom. Yeah I'm having a heck of a time
Getting angles cut. Once I get them right it should be pretty easy to get it done.

F4f. Thanks for the jack plate. That was really great .

Tried starting motor last night but couldn't get it running.
Got it started twice but didn't idle very long, don't know
If Im doin something wrong or if it not gettin gas.

But thanks again.

flajsh said:

But thanks again.

Pull and clean the carb!

flajsh said:

But thanks again.

Your welcome hope it works for you.

and +1 with Mo on the carb cleaning if you have not done it yet.

Car has been cleaned. It started but would not idle for more than a min.
Gave it gas with throttle on the carb but it died after a bit.

I know this may sound silly, but check all your fuel hoses, change your spark plugs, make sure your gas is good.....sounds like you have fire...since it started...I suspect maybe a bad pump or bad gas....could be the idle adjustment. Ask Johnny25, he seems to know what he is talking about.

Big.
Yeah that's a good idea. I guess I should change the hoses. Gas is new butcould still be bad.
I used 2 stroke quicksliver oil from walmart. What oil would you recommend?

That oil is fine, It is important to mix it well and do not over mix....plugs will foul and the motor will run like crap.

moberg12 said:
Did you clean the carb or are you taking the word of the previous owner??
Took his word looked clean. Don't know if I can do. Guess ill give it a try. Any good videos on how to do it.
do I need a compressor to blow out cause I don't have one.

Also I noticed that my choke doesn't stay pulled out. It just slides in after I pull out.

bigwave said:
That oil is fine, It is important to mix it well and do not over mix....plugs will foul and the motor will run like crap.
Put 3 gals of reg gas and put in 8 oz of oil.

flajsh said:
moberg12 said:
Did you clean the carb or are you taking the word of the previous owner??
Took his word looked clean. Don't know if I can do. Guess ill give it a try. Any good videos on how to do it.
do I need a compressor to blow out cause I don't have one.

Also I noticed that my choke doesn't stay pulled out. It just slides in after I pull out.

Cleaning a carb is simple man! You can do it. You don't need a compressor. Get a can of carb cleaner, it comes with a straw like a WD40 can kind of and it sprays out with some good pressure. Blast that bad boy all over the removed carb in all the small nooks and holes an rebuild.

The choke could be an issue too, usually a motor likes to idle at half choke for a bit before going closed choke. Can you hold the choke out while it warms up?

flajsh said:
bigwave said:
Put 3 gals of reg gas and put in 8 oz of oil.

I think that should be fine....if I remember right it is 2.6 oz per gal for a 50:1 ratio. I will look at my jug later to comfirm. I buy my oil by the gallon and mix each batch with a measuring cup depending on the size of the container. I have 3 6 gal cans that I use for my small boats...when one runs completely out I change the tank over and refill the old one to get the mix exact every time. Nothing worse than over mixed gas.....smokes like crazy and fouls the plugs.

If you're VERY weary of mixing your own fuel, home depot and lowes have started selling pre-mixed fuel in metal containers. They make them in different ratios. I use them for my lawn equipment because I dont like having a bunch of small gas cans laying around with different ratios in them. They make them in quart sizes up to gallon sizes I think. If you use your motor more than a little bit though, it will get to be expensive, as a quart can is like 6 bucks...

It's called trufuel.

I prefer to mix my own and only use the non ethanol unleaded premium which is hard to get but if you hunt around on google and call a few people you will find it.

Hey guys.
Rebuilt fuel pump yesterday. That was pretty straight forward
Getting new lines today. I have carb rebuild kit and wanna
Clean. But there two things Im not sure of.

On side of carb in pic is circular brass fitting. Does that come out
To be cleaned.

And uv other pic that little jet seems to ne bent. Does that come out
And how do I get it out.

Attachments

• IMAG0664.jpg
    IMAG0664.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 966
  • IMAG0662.jpg
    IMAG0662.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 966
Take it apart and see if you can get to it from the inside if you are doing a rebuild anyways

Get a gallon of Chem Dip carb cleaner from your local auto parts store! You'll be glad you had that handy, you just let it soak over night and it cleans a lot of the gunk up

Latest posts