18' Lowe center console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the magic words I needed to hear Dave :lol: I plan on putting a center pontoon on my pontoon boat with a 200-250 hp motor, so I'll have a perfectly good Johnson 112 that I just had rebuilt and has maybe 50hours on it that I wouldn't be using.... And I know that motor is good and strong and I don't worry about it stranding me!

Wow, I'm glad my boat isn't quite this bad! ;) you are doing a great job, and just think of how rewarding it will be when you've got a great boat that you saved from the scrap heap!

Ya I'm kinda disappointed it's this bad and also mine... I wish I had looked it over better when I bought it but it was dark and I was trying to hurry and get it home since the lights dident work on the trailer....anyways it's mine now and I'm in to deep to bail out now, good news is my welder said it's no big deal and its not anything that can't be fixed...I can promise you this, when I'm done with it if I ever decide to sell it the new owner will never have to worry about it again!!

Pweisbrod said:
Wow, I'm glad my boat isn't quite this bad! ;) you are doing a great job, and just think of how rewarding it will be when you've got a great boat that you saved from the scrap heap!

Hey bro that’s so good to see,

Encouragement is something we all can always give each other. Hats off to you Pweisbrod. =D> And yes you’re so right about the rewards of a project well done. Nothing like standing in front of your vision and seeing it come to fruition. I don’t know about you all but I can but a hundred labor hours in a project and stand in front of it for 10 minutes when it’s done and call it even.

The reward is not always in the finished product. Sometimes the reward is the satisfaction, pleasure, and sense of accomplishment that you get along the way. The finished product and the fun it brings are just a bonus.

So rather than having hundreds of hours in it, you've gotten hundreds of hours out of it as you built it.

Wow, you're flying on this build. I was following it on 2cool and figured you'd have more pics over here...

You're doing a bang up job!

T. =D>

JMichael said:
The reward is not always in the finished product. Sometimes the reward is the satisfaction, pleasure, and sense of accomplishment that you get along the way. The finished product and the fun it brings are just a bonus.

So rather than having hundreds of hours in it, you've gotten hundreds of hours out of it as you built it.

Yeh man X2 :D

I made a tripe to my local metal suplier today and got me some square tubeing to brace the transom and also got a sheet of aluminum to install over the new transom. I took the supplies to my welder and he's gonna get started on it in the next couple of days, I'm really excited!!

Finally a update,I bought all my aluminum. The other day to redo my transom and to frame my new rear deck, raised floor and console stand. My welder got it all done today, he ended up cutting the entire transom off and cut a new one out of 1/4" plate and welded it on. I dident get the detailed pic I would have liked to because I was busy helping him, but I did get these..

5CBE9C52-5EDE-408B-86E9-06545B751261-2112-0000026379C9668B.jpg

New plate and start of bracing

D9FE6284-3D96-4928-B12E-AF86BFA3E334-2112-00000263819140F4.jpg

Done and doing a leak test

A6EB3D8D-7184-491C-AF59-EAFD5800ADE9-2112-000002638D2B5E20.jpg

DA479EDF-1E68-46EE-9711-1FA97F5C61E4-2112-00000263967D9B49.jpg

CDC6A99D-869A-492F-98FD-C83540707AB2-2112-00000263A0A5EC2B.jpg

F3ECAFB5-82B6-41DC-B9C1-AEE0AA2D8B99-2112-00000263B0D23E96.jpg

CDC6A99D-869A-492F-98FD-C83540707AB2-2112-00000263A0A5EC2B-1.jpg

Now this is what I am talking about....... =D> This is exactly how I want to do my next boat. You are going to have a solid boat when complete and IMO its the only way to go on an aluminum boat....true meaning to all weld. Fine work sir.

I think I see a little Jon Boat Jerry influence there on the raised console. I’m doing the same but my console is only coming up about 10½ inches, enough to accommodate a deep cycle battery and a few cables. Also it really helps when I’m standing and driving. I don’t have to bend down so far.

Thanks, to answer the question about the aluminum on the deck. After I got sticker shock on aluminum plate 1/8" $160 1/4" $330 I think I'm useing wood...I'm hopeing I saved some weight with the aluminum frame.. Dave, ya johnboat Jerry had a lot of influence on this build. I wanted to deck mine out like his but the wife said no way, so I kinda improvised and did the low decks around the console to make her happy but ill still have the tall casting decks and console!

Mrtoler said:
Thanks, to answer the question about the aluminum on the deck. After I got sticker shock on aluminum plate 1/8" $160 1/4" $330 I think I'm useing wood...I'm hopeing I saved some weight with the aluminum frame.. Dave, ya johnboat Jerry had a lot of influence on this build. I wanted to deck mine out like his but the wife said no way, so I kinda improvised and did the low decks around the console to make her happy but ill still have the tall casting decks and console!

I think that’s going to be perfect Ryan.

Latest posts