1860 tracker grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've been working on it when I can and so far I got the tach in and working, switch panel, and depth finder is almost done. Also got the bracket cut for the bilge. Overboard how did you attach the pvc under the gunel? Mbweimar that's good to know we may have to hook up and brain storm. I live out west of town in Fort Pierce. Well that's all I got for now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,961
Looking good. Make sure you vacuum all those aluminum shavings. They'll jam up a bilge. (Not that you'll need one)

Ya Iv'e been vacuuming as I go. I put a bilge in for just a piece of mind and I use a bucket of water to clean the deck off while checking traps so it's nice to get the excess water out. Still trying to decide on a livewell idea.

Went to take her out on Sunday and was disappointed. I couldn’t get her to fire up. Pulled the spark plugs and I was getting fuel but not spark. I think my coil pack went out on me. I have one coming from the guy I bought the motor from. Hopefully that’s the issue.

Well I changed out the coil pack the guy gave me and it still has no spark. The only other thing I can think of is the power pack went out. I traced and looked over the wiring and everything seems to look as far as no cuts corrosion loose wires and such. Let me know what you guys think it could be. I'm trying to do what I can before I call a mechanic. Thanks

I bypassed the lanyard switch and I'm still not getting any spark. I replaced the coil pack, the power pack and its still not getting spark. I'm starting to think it could be the rectifier. Any advise on what else to check?

cdi has troubleshooting instructions on their website. you'll need a multimeter - they want you to use a DMM, but you can do just fine with a regular one if you can see the screen while you crank the motor.

if you've already replaced the powerpack and coil, i'd be looking at the stator next, but do the tests before you spend the money

Hey guys, It has been years but im back on this site. I have a 2012 1860 Grizzly and was wondering if any of yall have put a rear deck in?

I would like it to be alum. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks

Mine came with one. I might have a pic. I'll look.
View attachment 1
You can kinda see it here.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434508179314.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434508179314.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,703
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434508354648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434508354648.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,703
Do the tests as mentioned previously. You will be testing the resistance and cranking voltage of the stator, trigger, cd pack, and coils. Start by cleaning every ground wire that comes off of an ignition component. I don't know what to tell you though if everything checks within specs and grounds are all clean.

One more question. What speeds are y'all getting on your 1860's and with what motors? I have a 2 stroke Mercury Bigfoot 60hp and it goes about 28mph with just me or with 4 guys and a ton of duck gear.

Mine started as the tiller version and only has a small side console that was added later. It only has the one middle transom brace and only rated for 60hp.

Also how do i post a pic for yall to see what i got?

I always run my electrical wires thru a tube built into the hull by manufacturer or through conduit. I usually use PVC pipe and then paint to match the boat but now going to use electrical conduit. The plus is that it is made to be in the sunlight. PVC gets brittle without paint or some other protection from sunlight. Drawback to electrical conduit is the lack of small, inexpensive Ts. Most I have found are more expensive water proof boxes. So I will start running the wires through a hole drilled in the side and drill holes in the bottom for drainage of condensation if needed. I also install with some drop to the stern so that any standing water will roll to the back and exit a larger drilled hole. I do cap the end to keep flying things from using it as a home.

Well it’s been a long time since I have been back to the forum. Wife had the kids and life got crazy. I ended up getting the motor running and haven't had an issue yet. I ordered my live well it’s a 30gl round tank. I am just waiting for it to come in. Also I will be tackling the bow light issue with wiring soon. I haven’t done much with the boat since the last post so there's no new updates on it. Ill post pictures up when the tank comes in and i get it in place. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Livewell came in this past weekend. I am fab up a stand for it to sit on so the overflow drain can dump out the side of the boat. I’m doing this so the tank can be removed easily and so I don’t have to drill a hole in the side of the boat.

I work two jobs and one is at HD and I came across these stainless hooks for the boat. I got three packs and some stainless hardware for it. There are two holes in the hook and I drilled a hole below the last hole so it would drop the next hook down some to allow for storage. Just and idea for the guys that have the versa track system. The cost was $16 and change.

Attachments

• hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,416
  • hook2.jpg
    hook2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,416
I was just reading over this thread! #-o :oops: Sorry I never answered your question about running the PVC pipe along the gunnel, I saw you had asked me twice.
Well, at least your still at it! I put pieces of adhesive industrial Velcro along the underneath of the TRAC and down the hull slightly, then matched up other pieces on the pipe to what I had on the boat. That alone may not hold it in place. so where I used brackets on the TRAC I drilled a few of them to be able to put a bolt through, and made a ledge for the pipe to sit on.
You could also just run some small L brackets right off the TRAC and hold it up with those.
Probably could glue it up also by using something like Goop. I thought about doing that since it can be removed at a later time with no damage to the boat.
Hope this helps.
Here's a few ways that I put the TRAC to use using brackets and carriage bolts. You can also see the PVC pipe containing the wires that's completely out of the way, and tucked up under the gunnel. One thing I should have done was paint it, but that's NBD.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,391
No worries. I still haven't gotten to that part of the boat yet anyways. I see that an L bracket will probably work best to hold it up the tubing. I've been busy with the my Trips and haven't had much time to work on it and now they are getting a little bigger its a little easier to find some time. I think i may get the strip led lights and attach it to the bottom of the tubing to have it for night fishing and such. There are just so many ways to do tin boats and that's one reason i love them. Thank you for the reply back.

Can you update us on what you decided on your livewell?

Thanks....and great build.

Rob

Latest posts