1965 Arkansas semi v project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back home. Primer is solid, But the paint continues to pull away.
boattoday007.jpg

boattoday008.jpg

boattoday009.jpg

Finally got a chance to finish the paint. I sanded and repainted the outside, sanded and painted the inside. I still have to put a dove grey color on the interior. Installed new hull numbers too.

Before
SSPX0208.jpg

Now
FRESHBOAT004.jpg

SSPX0174.jpg

No, the silver is not the final color. It would be blinding in the sun. 8)
FRESHBOAT001.jpg

DONE!!!!!!!!!
I kept the silver. I am going to be sorry. Like a baked potato in aluminum foil sorry. :roll:
boatfinish005.jpg

boatfinish007.jpg

boatfinish009.jpg

Bill,
Looks great! As a fellow New Englander, you gotta be loving the weather thus far (minus this week!). Just a couple questions:

1. How is that trolling motor mounted? Does iit work better bow or transom mounted?
2. The battery is stored up front: what are you using, if anything, to keep it in place or secure?
3. Those seats came out great. I have three aluminum bench seats as well but would like to put plywood over them. What type of hardware did you use/suggest?

Thanks.

JODGW1776 said:
Bill,
Looks great! As a fellow New Englander, you gotta be loving the weather thus far (minus this week!). Just a couple questions:

1. How is that trolling motor mounted? Does iit work better bow or transom mounted?
2. The battery is stored up front: what are you using, if anything, to keep it in place or secure?
3. Those seats came out great. I have three aluminum bench seats as well but would like to put plywood over them. What type of hardware did you use/suggest?

Thanks.
I put a block of wood under the outer gunwale to give the troller a place to mount. I think it works better on the bow. It was easier to see where I was going, rather than where I had been so to speak. With it on the transom, I did not see weeds I was riding over. Battery was up front last in a battery box that was bolted to the forward bench on the bow side. I only used stainless hardware everywhere.

Actually, I sold the Arkansas, and just picked up a 1959 Lone Star Newport with a 1959 35hp Johnson.

Let the games begin.... Again!

Latest posts