197? 12ft Starcraft I think

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish i knew if these motors HAD to run a little deeper or not.

It definitely looks like the motor needs to come up. I see you've already blocked it to get it that high? Now I'll be double checking mine when i get the transom back in. Have you tried water testing it for cavitation turning left or right? Does this motor push your boat up on plane?

Alright, you made me do a little research.

I like what kfa had to say. Makes sense at least.
https://forums.iboats.com/boat-topics-questions-not-engine-topics/cavitation-plate-534815.html

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377077606.881389.jpg

Ok so this is the height of the mount, might be temp as for now to figure things out.

Thanks for the link I have to agree with u and what that guy said, and yes it does force water up the back thro a little screen hole. No it didn't plane out at all, don't know if that was motor height, weight displacement, or any of the other things I'm not hitting on. So now the motor I believe will sit about a half inch higher than the keel or bottom of boat. Took prop off and cleaned out a lot of fishing line (hope that helps a bit) hope to get out next weekend as going to killington vt for a golf trip this weekend. But maybe buddy will take it out who is also the one who put block on. Tight lines. Love this app for iPhone only second behind the chive...

Re: 1973 9.5 sea horse
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31847#p328650

Well it's been just over a year since my last post. Lots of snowmobiling, golf, and fishing of course more fresh than salt water so far this year. So just finished the final plans for the front deck tonight so I figure I would post the progress as of now.

The first pic is of the new paint job ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408762403.782483.jpg

Next is new trailer with new painted boatImageUploadedByTapatalk1408762469.108812.jpg

These nest few pics r of the new floor plan ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408762532.066724.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408762541.248432.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408762550.759314.jpg

So what the material all is:
Flat clod rolled steel
Then we attached angle aluminum as stringers across.

Yes all will be painted and coated as it is different metals and to clam down on the vibration in the boat. Next we have to do is behind the back seat to make flat as well to stand on, but for now it's going good. And here's a fish pic to end the night.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408762921.913259.jpg

Ok so those pics all went in backwards
(U guys get the idea I hope)

So do anyone know about or use the rust olem spray can bed liner. Picked up two cans just to do a small strip on the rivets of the boat in pics. Have heard mixed reviews about this product. Just wanted some input maybe about said product.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364382#p364382 said:
NH-PLAY » 25 Aug 2014, 08:37[/url]"]So do anyone know about or use the rust olem spray can bed liner. Picked up two cans just to do a small strip on the rivets of the boat in pics. Have heard mixed reviews about this product. Just wanted some input maybe about said product.

I've heard everything from, "it sucks for boats don't bother" to "it worked well for me!"

Everyone is different and so is every boat. I personally would not use it over other options but plenty have with little to no issue. At the end of the day it is your boat, your time and your money. If it works for you then go to it! :mrgreen:

The only reason y I ask is cause I heard that it gets tacky in the sun for to long if that's the case then no it will b used for something else like getting my $15 dollars back for it. But if not tacky then I might use it and paint over it so it not black. But I wouldn't think it gets tacky in the sun this is why they use in trucks which is in direct sun all day, but it might be a different application out of a can. Thanks ail (man if ur not someone big on here no one checks ur **** out).

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364396#p364396 said:
NH-PLAY » 25 Aug 2014, 11:30[/url]"]The only reason y I ask is cause I heard that it gets tacky in the sun for to long if that's the case then no it will b used for something else like getting my $15 dollars back for it. But if not tacky then I might use it and paint over it so it not black. But I wouldn't think it gets tacky in the sun this is why they use in trucks which is in direct sun all day, but it might be a different application out of a can. Thanks ail (man if ur not someone big on here no one checks ur s**t out).

I can't say I remember reading about it getting tacky, but I could see that being a possibility. I guess you could spray some on a scrap piece of metal and let it sit in the sun to test it.

I know somone on here used it to seal the inside floor of the boat underneath their decking, which would not have an issue with direct sunlight.

Ail said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364396#p364396 said:
NH-PLAY » 25 Aug 2014, 11:30[/url]"]The only reason y I ask is cause I heard that it gets tacky in the sun for to long if that's the case then no it will b used for something else like getting my $15 dollars back for it. But if not tacky then I might use it and paint over it so it not black. But I wouldn't think it gets tacky in the sun this is why they use in trucks which is in direct sun all day, but it might be a different application out of a can. Thanks ail (man if ur not someone big on here no one checks ur s**t out).

I can't say I remember reading about it getting tacky, but I could see that being a possibility. I guess you could spray some on a scrap piece of metal and let it sit in the sun to test it.

I know somone on here used it to seal the inside floor of the boat underneath their decking, which would not have an issue with direct sunlight.

I don't know why I didn't think of that

Latest posts