1984 Pike Attacker rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thread- yes, going- no
I got much of the of the framework, and a bunch of holes filled when I stopped working on it about this time last year. I'm about to start back up, and was just looking for some inspiration when I saw your wood formula and took a mental note.

Thanks for the comment.

Yes to the carpet. The finish on the decking is showing a lot of scratches from wear in that the ramp I use is gravel/sand mix and there is no pier to tie off to so in and out of the boat tracks in sand on feet. The spar finish isn't very durable under these conditions. That piece of plywood isn't that large and is easy enough to remove but I don't think I want to be pulling it every season to refinish it. So for now the plan is gray carpet. I have used the stuff from Cabela's in the past with very good results. Plus that's what the Admiral wants and of course the Admiral always gets what she wants, Then round-about I get what I want. More boats. :D :lol:

Progress has slowed due to temps and a broken heater, along with a trip to Min. for Thanksgiving to visit my son and his family but hopefully the heater will be fixed this weekend.

Well I tried my best to use MS Paint to get an idea of what the 2 colors I'm thinking of using would look like.
The red is as close as I could get to Rustoleum Marine Bright Red and the blue as close to Flag Blue as I can.
Opinions on which would look best.

run a white pin stripe halfway down the side & do blue along the water line and red up by the gunwales ;-)

Actually I've been searching the web for a nice vinyl graphic to put on the sides. Something along the lines of what Lund and Alumacraft are doing these days. Though I have thought of White and Orange stripes with a large Chicago Bears C on the stern. Though the Admiral thinks that would be a bit tacky.

onthewater102 said:
a bit...

might make it harder to sell at some point if your tastes change.

But from being down at the very southern part of Wisconsin it's always fun to rile the Packer fans. Who have been rather quiet as of late.