1996 16' Lund Laker Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic job! That is one sweet looking Lund CC. When you are finished and have it on the water, I would email some pics to Lund and see what they say.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346333#p346333 said:
muskiemike12 » 26 Mar 2014, 09:44[/url]"]Fantastic job! That is one sweet looking Lund CC. When you are finished and have it on the water, I would email some pics to Lund and see what they say.
Thanks! I will probably send Lund the link when I am finished.

I ordered the parts I need to get everything working(I think). Fuse block, wire, control cables and hinges. I am hoping for a water test within a week or so. Can't wait!

Hinges came in today, more parts coming tomorrow. Added a bunch of SS screws, hooked up bilge, built battery box/storage, and ran some wire. Getting close to water test.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    945 KB · Views: 2,647
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    769.1 KB · Views: 2,647
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    676.7 KB · Views: 2,647
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    677.6 KB · Views: 2,647
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 2,647
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,647
Ran all the wires and got all the electrical working! Installed the control cables and they kinda work, have a problem figuring out choke/throttle. Ugh!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 2,630
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 2,630
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 2,630
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 2,630
Your boat is really looking awesome! I got many good ideas from your build, like using the vinyl Nautolex on the floor. What kind and how much glue did you end up using? I bought 1 quart of the Nautolex 88 glue just to eventually get started but I think I will need more - like at least a gallon.

Thanks! I didn't get the nautolex glue because I wanted something with less fumes and was easier to clean up. I ended up getting a water soluble carpet glue from the same place I got the vinyl( defender.com). It took a long time to dry but seems to hold pretty good.

The Lund if fully functional(in the yard anyhow)! Planning on the water test on monday. Hope all goes well, wish me luck. Few pics of current state. Paint will come when it warms up a bit.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    836.5 KB · Views: 2,606
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    864.9 KB · Views: 2,606
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    658.3 KB · Views: 2,606
Took her out for the maiden voyage/sea test this morning. First thing I did was go renew trailer registration at the DMV, they opened at 8 and I was out by 8:10! Everything went great, only problem was a very slow leak between hose and thru hull drain for the cooler. Should be an easy fix. Steering and controls worked great, boat feels nice and stable. Didn't go out in the open ocean just ran around the lagoon for about an hour. Boat planed pretty quick and max speed hit 24.4mph with a prop that needs to be replaced. My next trip will be to go fishing in about a month. Will give me time to paint and finish the other odds and ends finished before the season starts.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 2,571
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 2,571
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,571
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 2,571
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    772.7 KB · Views: 2,571
Thanks for the compliments! Rolled on first coat of rustoleum this afternoon, now back to work that pays!

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,457
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,457
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    858.6 KB · Views: 2,457

Latest posts