1996 16' Lund Laker Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342558#p342558 said:
sgtsarge » 23 Feb 2014, 12:07[/url]"]This is a beautiful rebuild and it has given me a couple ideas. Thanks to your reply on another thread of mine, I am considering the Nautolex. I really like that color, but what is the name Storm or Shark grey?

Thanks! Its the storm gray, I was debating between that and the Sharkskin but ended up going with the gray. I am getting spring fever big time!

I know that feeling! I bought my boat last fall, took it out one time for about 30 mins and put it up for the season. I have my floors cut out and test fitted in the boat but I can't epoxy them for at least another month. I only have a small space heater in my shop but it isn't enough to heat the shop to the temperature needed to coat the wood.

I guess that is okay since it will be at least another two months before the lakes start to thaw anyways. All that time to think and plan!

Looks good.
Spring will be here sooner than we think.
Though we've had 2-3" of snow today.

We have pretty much the same set up of boat and iam putting a console in to i was wondering how it rides sitting up front i like that its in the middle seems good spit when trolling and drifting room wise but how does it ride does tge weight of u being up there burry the nose wefish for stripers in the bay so thr water isnt always valm

Boat was set up as a tiller last season, haven't tested it yet. I did stand there while running at ft last year and it seemed pretty good. I will let you know when I get out to really test it. Steering position will pretty close to where Lund put the side console on the older rebels so I think it will be cool.

Thanks! Made some more progress over the last week. Managed to get a few more inches out of the steering cable by routing it straighter and cutting the console down an inch and a half. Think I have a couple inches to spare now. Also filled area in front of console with rigid foam and screwed down the front deck. Last thing I did was finished covering all the decks and hatches with vinyl. Feels like I am getting to where there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Couple pics of the rod holder I built into the front deck and the completed vinyl.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,747
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    997.9 KB · Views: 2,747
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,747
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,747
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344419#p344419 said:
huntinfool » 10 Mar 2014, 07:54[/url]"]Nautolex. I believe I may have to give this a look. Very impressive.
It is Nautolex, found it at defender.com for 18.99 per yard. Thanks for the compliment.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344501#p344501 said:
Humj7 » 10 Mar 2014, 21:49[/url]"]Your vinyl turned out looking very nice!
What do you have planned for seats ?
No plans for a seat at the moment. I want to see how it fishes for a bit, I may put seat behind the console but still not sure. I mostly fish alone and stand most of the time. I also flyfish 75% of the time and want as much open space as possible, figure I can always add seats if I have to. It would be nice to have some comfortable seats for fluke and sea bass fishing.

Messed with the project a bit this afternoon. Motor back on and steering cable installed in the tube.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 2,533
My new ebay steering wheel showed up today. Removed tiller controls from the motor and attached steering cable, It works!

Attachments

• IMG_3020.jpg
    IMG_3020.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 2,506
How do you like the uflex system? Does it seem smooth?

I am planning on getting one, ether that model or the Acura (a step up).

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=345168#p345168 said:
tcampbell011 » 17 Mar 2014, 03:11[/url]"]How do you like the uflex system? Does it seem smooth?

I am planning on getting one, ether that model or the Acura (a step up).
It seems pretty nice, moves smoothly. I have not had it in the water yet and this is the first one I have ever purchased so take this with a grain of salt. It appears that it is well made(not from china) and was simple to install.

Got a couple sheets of foam last week. Filled up the forward seat under the front deck and the empty areas of the side boxes then got everything bolted down. Got sick of waiting for warm weather to finish up the Gluvit under the back deck, I need to get all the foam in and everything bolted down back there. I put a coat on all the seams and rivets, put a little space heater in there and covered it over. Also glued 1" foam to the exterior of live well to make a self draining cooler. Spring starts tomorrow even though it doesn't feel like it.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 2,429
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 2,429
  • IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 2,429
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    723.6 KB · Views: 2,429
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 2,429
Slowly getting closer, pretty confident I will be ready by the time the fish are here. Got another sheet of foam, 9+ cubic ft so far. Filled the back boxes with foam, attached plumbed bilge hose, bolted down back deck and cooler/fish box. Hooked of cooler drain, need to get some new hose clamps and some 5200 for the thru hull fitting. Progress! I realized that I needed to protect the foam on the backside of the cooler from splashing gas(don't want any napalm). I cut a piece of Nautolex that I plan to glue to the foam when it warms up a little.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    886.6 KB · Views: 2,386
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 2,386
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    716 KB · Views: 2,386
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG