8-point buck, last Saturday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcsdchief

Reaction score
Got this buck last Saturday during the first shotgun season. I was sitting under a pine tree in some real thick cover. Hope it makes a good mount.
mini-1122080712.jpg
mini-1122080718.jpg
mini-1122080738.jpg
mini-1122080851a.jpg

Sweet :D where ya hit'em at?

how long a shot? That a Mossberg? 12 or 20g? 2 3/4 or 3 inch slug? Federal or whinchester sabot?

Come on details :lol:

12 ga Mossberg shotgun with a 2 3/4 Hornady slug, shoots like a rifle. Shot him in the back and he dropped on the spot, had to put another in him to end it. I was sitting under a pine tree around about four trees that were rubbed to death. He was about 25 yards out, trying to sneak past me. I almost missed him going by, because he was so quite on the pine needles. I heard a noise, looked up and all I saw was horns going past a pine tree. He stopped and I shot through some lower branches. Wasn't going to let this one get away. Around 7:10 am, and pretty cold. Great hunt. I ended up sitting on the ground because it seemed like the deer were avoiding our stands, and staying in the thick cover.
Still got some bow season left, so hopefully I can get another to put on here.

Way to go on changen your game plan, alot of guys don't do that. Nice time of the day to bag one, early and out :lol:

Man that will make a beautiful mount!!
I like how you done the pictures,first the find,then walking up to it,then the gun rested,and finally you with your trophy.
Nice job! =D>

Oh yeah,I caught a glimpse of another buck in the back of the truck,what's the story on that? (you don't have to tell about that one unless you really want to.) :mrgreen:

the other deer in the back of the truck is my hunting buddies' and i thought the series of pictures was pretty cool too. I may try and put them in a frame like that, in combination with the mount.

hcsdchief said:
the other deer in the back of the truck is my hunting buddies' and i thought the series of pictures was pretty cool too. I may try and put them in a frame like that, in combination with the mount.
That would be pretty cool. Congrats again!!