ahhh ..? tracker 1754 grizzly .. what motor ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peabody

Reaction score
let me edit this post.... I'm going to buy a ( i thinks ) a tracker grizzly 1754
ill sell/ trade the two out boards i have for a tiller 25hp
but don't really know much about tiller outboards.
which brand would you suggest ?

your opinions ?

It's like arguing which new truck is better nowadays; dodge, ford, or chevy... there are small differences, but honestly I think they are all pretty well built & I'd be proud to drive any of them. Just make sure you stick with the well known brand names and you should be satisfied with the quality. Are you looking new or used?

Speaking specifically to a 25 hp; I worry about towing my little boat with a 115-160lb motor bouncing on the transom... if you do it consider a "transom saver".

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332397#p332397 said:
Scott1298 » Today, 21:10[/url]"]It's like arguing which new truck is better nowadays; dodge, ford, or chevy... there are small differences, but honestly I think they are all pretty well built & I'd be proud to drive any of them. Just make sure you stick with the well known brand names and you should be satisfied with the quality. Are you looking new or used?

Speaking specifically to a 25 hp; I worry about towing my little boat with a 115-160lb motor bouncing on the transom... if you do it consider a "transom saver".

I'll buy new .. someone told me to check out the tiller controls..
he said he likes suzuki ..
the remote steer mercury bigfoot i have now .has been pretty good motor.

I would go talk to your local dealer or if you are lucky - dealers.

I agree with Scott that there is not a lot of differences in the newer motors.

This is what makes the dealer an important part of your decision. If you have a good dealer you can get problems resolved and even a so-so motor will serve you well. With a bad (or no) dealer you are on your own when something goes wrong even if it is a little thing.

Once you find your dealer, pick his/her brain. While they might recommend they brands they carry that is not a bad thing. Often they carry those brands for a reason, such as parts availability or ease of warranty work. They have been in the business and can guide you away from the pitfalls that often happen when we go the "cheaper route" which ends up not being cheaper at all. <= Personal experience.

I am lucky that I live in a Recreational Region and have lots of dealers close by from which to choose. I went through two before I found one I can trust and afford and is not an hour drive away.

Are you looking new? Gently used? I would run any new 25hp that I could afford. Are you wanting all the bells and whistles; power trim, electric start, charging capability?

My opinion is that I love my e-tec and I would love to have one for a tiller motor. I really think that the weight and technology of new two strokes puts them right up there with the 4 strokes. However, if your going the dealer route, I'd buy what is best supported locally.

Brand wise they are all "probably" made in like 3 different places so it might not matter much. I'd run Tohatsu, Nissan, Yamaha, Mercury, Evinrude, Honda.

Buying used is always tough. But, holding out for a good motor is always a good choice.

well I've checked around . mercury dealer is the closest.
the reputation of the sales staff isent the best . but the service center is top notch.
but ? i will go over there in person .
instead of the tracker boat. I've came across Alweld boats.
very interested in those. there's a dealer in rolla mo. might be worth the drive.
I'll start another thread .. but i have one more question.
flat bottom jon . or semi v ?
stability looks like it would be better in a flat bottom.
i use the boat on the sac and osage rivers . slow and calm.
prolly won't be out on the big lake to much. but if the waters calm .sure why not ?
we avoid the weekends with heavy boat traffic.

Latest posts