Burgers on the grill Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fondly remember him more like this:

baker.jpg

cyberflexx said:
my wife will sometimes add american cheese to the middle of a patty, a little A1 brushed on, cooked about half way then topped with some el-cheapo "french fry seaoning" that I found at BigLots and then cook it the rest of the way. Sometimes she will add Allegro Hot and Spicy ( liquid) steak marinade to them as they are cooking.. https://www.allegromarinade.com/spicy.html

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!

Seen that on that show once (The cheese in the middle of the burger). Oh man I'm hungry!

Jim said:
cyberflexx said:
my wife will sometimes add american cheese to the middle of a patty, a little A1 brushed on, cooked about half way then topped with some el-cheapo "french fry seaoning" that I found at BigLots and then cook it the rest of the way. Sometimes she will add Allegro Hot and Spicy ( liquid) steak marinade to them as they are cooking.. https://www.allegromarinade.com/spicy.html

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!

Seen that on that show once (The cheese in the middle of the burger). Oh man I'm hungry!

We have a place here in St. Paul that was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives called the Nook. They have a "Juicy Lucy" that has cheese in the middle of it. Oh, baby! And with some bacon, oh, double-baby!

I usually blend in a store-bought mix called Mrs. Dash. There are three or four varities. They're a mixture of herbs and spices. I just sprinkle out a generous amount on the pile of ground beef and mix it in. I don't use S&P or anything else. Yummy.

I often make this recipe, taken from the gourmet restaurant Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach. All the juicy additions (apples, celery, scallions, parsley) always make for a nice tender burger. If you're not a turkey fan, I'm sure it would be just fine with beef.

Ingredients:
Serves 6 (more like 9)

• 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
• 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
• 3 Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
• 1/8 cup canola oil
• 4 pounds ground turkey breast
• 2 Tbsp. salt
• 2 tsp. black pepper
• 2 tsp. Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce
• 1 lemon , juiced and grated zest
• 1/2 bunch parsley , finely chopped
• 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney , pureed (I've never been able to find this stuff, usually skip it, the burgers always end up delicious without it).

Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.

nathanielrthomas said:
We put Dales Marinade on everything in Alabama. Its great.

AL must be leading the nation in high blood pressure. :lol:

I have to use Dales very sparingly. Way too much salt for me. Try some Allegro if you can find it. They have multiple flavors.

KISS Burgers....
Plain, pre-made Angus beef burgers, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder to taste. Grill to medium-rare, add slice of Havarti cheese & allow to melt.

Serve on a Kaiser roll with a few slices of Avacado and thinly sliced red onion (although Quacker's grilled red onion sounds like an excellent alternative)

Worcheshire sauce, bit of salt, freshly ground pepper, bread stuffing, rosemary, garlic, a beaten egg, mix it all together with the ground beef
Make the patties, put blue cheese in the center of the pattie...brush the outside of the pattie with olive oil, grill on the bbq or frying pan if no bbq available
Put on bun with slice red onion
Yum
Tom

i have a pretty simple strategy to grilling my burgers. first, i dip the raw meat patties into a secretly seasoned sauce by me. next i put them on the grill, cook em til they are about halfway done, flip them over, and cook em some more.
LOL

Popeye said:
My wife puts all kinds of crap in the burgers. Garlic powder, onion flakes, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, prolly some other stuff I can't remember. I prefer lightly seasoned with season salt and then on the grill and then just as they're done a nice slice of swiss cheese and served on a kaiser roll.

I want to eat at Ms. Popeye's house
6x1v5sn.gif

Popeye said:
Sure, come on over. We can grill the burgers over the fire on the front deck of my boat.

I am on my way - I will bring the scrapple and pork roll

And instructions on how to disconnect a battery for the winter :mrgreen:

My family prefers fairly simple burgers. I just make out the patties, sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, and either Worcestershire or soy sauce, let marinade 20 minutes or so, them grill to the preferred temperature. Occasionally, I use "Daddy Hinkles" rub and soy based sauce for a little more spicy (but not hot) burger. We serve them on a sesame seed roll with mayo, ketchup, and home-made sweet pickle relish. Gong to cook some in a few minutes!

My recipe is pretty simple- 2 lbs hamburger with 1 lb of sausage and a packet of lipton onion soup. Make the patties and grill.

80/20 ground beef seasoned with season salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder, grilled on the gas grill with several chunks of mesquite spewing smoke, topped with Swiss cheese and some sauteed wild mushrooms that I picked, served on a lightly toasted kaiser roll with spicy brown mustard and some crinkle cut fries and an ice cold Coors Light.

burger.jpg

I make a seasoning mixture of 2 parts garlic powder and kosher salt to 1 part onion powder and black pepper. Take 80/20 ground beef and season liberally then mix, season again and remix. Form patties and lightly season both sides. Toss on a hot fire and cook about 5 minutes and then flip. Add cheese after 2 minutes and let it melt. Burgers come out with a light char and pink in the middle.
The wife and daughter cant get enough. Sometimes keeping it simple is best. =P~

Latest posts