Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so i found a little time, and a few extra bucks, Ill be getting back on the boat for some building here real soon. Gonna get a few sheets of alum this week or next, got some cool stuff planned, well see how it goes together. It has helped a bunch fishing out of it since March in deciding what i wanted to build out of it. Also picked up a HDS 5 for the bow, was gonna go 7 just couldn't justify the price difference right now.

Where are you getting your sheets of aluminum? I priced a 4x8 sheet today, .125 number 5052 alloy for $250.00 Seemed high to me but I am cheap..

This thing is still alive, been so so busy as of late, getting ready to move, once that is done i plan to get this thing modded. Been gone from home all but 4 days in the last 3 weeks, makes it tuff. For those racing guys out there, my team did manage a 1st in class, p7 overall at the 13hrs of VIR this last weekend.

Good to see ya. What part of the world you headed?

We are going to try and get out to Ft. Yargo this weekend. Maybe we'll see you if your there. :D

Time to get back at this, any opinions ideas anyone would like to share, My plan right now is to fit it similar to a crappie boat, I will have rod lockers on both sides about 18" wide at top. there will be a lot of space under them to utilize. I don't wanna deck the entire boat. I am also debating cutting out the top of my back seat and adding a storage locker or live-well in there, I think the live-well will be to heavy for the back tho, Needs to be more centrally located, My 3 batteries are located at the back off the front 3rd now, was thinking put one on each side under the rod lockers, then the 3rd under or behind the front deck.

So for now i need to get the plan together then some materials around.

This is what i am thinking. Rod lockers on each side, add a livewell in front of the rear bench, and cut 2 hatches in the rear bench for storage.

Attachments

• jonpaint.jpg
    jonpaint.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,061
  • GRIZZLY-1860-Jon_img8291_900.jpg
    GRIZZLY-1860-Jon_img8291_900.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,061
Neat looking layout! Would you put the trolling motor batteries at the front of the rod lockers? I would think that as large as the boat is the weight of the live well toward the back wouldn't be a problem. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Miss Winder yet? :LOL2:

I would put 2 batteries forward and 2 rearward. Adding to the front deck as well.

Attachments

• jonpaint3.jpg
    jonpaint3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,032
So, after thinking about it, and talking with my wife, we decided to take the boat and Aluminum to "Not worth mentioning" and let him do his thing. Dropped it off today, Great to finally meet him as well. Im sure he will take pics of the progress, we came up with some cool ideas to utilize a lot of space.

been working on live-well plumbing layout. If i can find a screen grabber to work over the a cad window, I could show much higher detail.

Attachments

• lwell.pdf
    5 KB · Views: 94
I am using this for a drain, It sits right at the bottom edge.
05_03.jpg

Then i am using a 1.5" thru hull for the overflow drain, 2 spray heads one from transom mount pump, and other for tank mounted pump.

Nice. I put together my little sea nymph for a 10 hp lake that is close to me...its super light and flies with my old mec 9.8 ... I made the mistake of looking at boats at Bass pro...that 18 foot one looks so nice...

But I have what I have for a few years....One day...until then I'll just watch your build :D