Fished my first tourney in my tin.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bochmann

Reaction score
So last weekend there was a tourney on one of my local lakes. Just a little turkey shoot but there were some big names from the area fishing in it. Showed up with my 14' tin and fished by myself against nine other teams with their big bass boats. Ever since I got my boat done it was my goal to beat a bunch of guys with the big bass boats in a tourney. Well I got second place with 15.30 and a 4.6 kicker fish. It was a lot of fun and all the guys in the tourney were really impressed. Here are a few pictures.
-Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,330
Woo-hoo! Nice ones! Congrats on your win! =D> =D> =D>

Are those big mouth? What lake?

Bass is my favorite. :)

You know what the old timers say, "the fish don't care what kind of boat you have".

Thanks for sharing~
Keith
Texas

Thanks guys! And yea the fish don't care what kind of boat you have! I'm just lucky the wind did not pick up that day!

Yea, I'm in Northern California. We barely have any water right now! That lake is at 30%. Almost all our lakes are that low right now.

bochmann said:
Yea, I'm in Northern California. We barely have any water right now! That lake is at 30%. Almost all our lakes are that low right now.
Thought the lake looked low, at 30% I guess that's an understatement, hope you guys get some rain soon.

=D> =D> =D>

Good Job!!
Btw, I like to see a bass or walleye tournament where ALL electronic fishing aids are banned (except electric trolling motors).
Let's see how well these pro & semi-pro hot shots do (complete with their absurd 250-300hp+ outboard motors)
going "old school" (aka Bill Engvall's funny movie "Bait Shop"). :wink:
Btw, you can partially thank the environmentalist whackos for most of your current water shortage problems out there (particularly the farmers).
All to protect what is tantamount to a lowly smelt. :roll:

KMixson said:
Cool! That goes to show you it doesn't matter how fast your bass boat is.
Being that I have done 2 complete seasons on the Anglers Choice WRL I can safely say it does matter how fast your boat is and how good your electronics are. It gives an amazing edge. When you are being called out by boat number for morning blast off you need all the speed you can get. Having a fast boat increases your effective fishing grounds and saves time doing long runs which eat up the clock. There is also nothing worse than making a run to your starting spot to only find there is another boat on it. My partner has a 18' stratos with a 150hp and even that is the underdog. I have also done a tourney at Clear Lake out of my tinny when my partners boat was in the shop. We beat over half the field but we were limited to an area of about 2-3miles from the weigh in sight. I just put decals on my baby.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349406.670522.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349672.910260.jpg

pdugan6 , I totally agree with you on that. I knew that it did not matter what number I was at blastoff, I was gonna get beat. It is a huge disadvantage to fish out of a small boat against all the big boats. I love fishing out of my "mini bass boat" but it sure is nice fishing out of a 20 foot bass boat.

bochmann said:
pdugan6 , I totally agree with you on that. I knew that it did not matter what number I was at blastoff, I was gonna get beat. It is a huge disadvantage to fish out of a small boat against all the big boats. I love fishing out of my "mini bass boat" but it sure is nice fishing out of a 20 foot bass boat.

Yeah. Still an epic time though. Everything is elevated. Each choice can make or break the day. Here is my rig from that tourney all geared up with the portable live well. It was actually the maiden voyage after I did my overhaul on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416373793.829338.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416373808.345229.jpg

pdugan6, that is a pretty sweet setup, its pretty similar to mine, except I built my livewell in the rear bench seat. Here is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 638

Latest posts