Its almost Garden time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of planting and my thermometer hit 70 on Tuesday. As soon as I walked out the door I knew it was time. I jumped astraddle that tiller and away we went. I made a few passes over the garden and it is looking real good to me. Satisfied, I washed my tiller off and put it away.

Got up the next morning and it had frosted. Checked the forecast and it's a highs in the mid 40s for the next few days. Winter's back, gardens on hold, sit and read some more. :( =P~

The fall here in my part of MN has been unusually warm - last weekend we broke our all-time growing season record. As of today we have had 212 consecutive days with above freezing temps. It's November in MN and I still have roses, zinnias and nasturtiums blooming in my garden. Our fall temps have been 15°-20° above normal. I decided this year to try to extend the growing season with a cold frame in which is planted lettuce, spinach and beets for greens. Eventually I'll have to hang a light bulb and cover it at night but I hope to have home grown lettuce for Thanksgiving.

My tomatoes are still rockin and we're gonna enjoy them until they stop. Had to cover them from frost a couple of nights already so it won't be much longer.