Jet boat pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16' welded aluminum hull with a .160 thick bottom
yamaha 2 stroke 800cc 100 h.p. engine
6" aquajet jet pump with custom made super thick SS impeller
seating for 3
full gauge set and 26 gallon fuel tank

Attachments

• DSCN2749.JPG
    DSCN2749.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 4,214
  • DSCN2674.JPG
    DSCN2674.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 4,214
  • DSCN2728.JPG
    DSCN2728.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 4,214
Montana, Nice looking rig. Did you build it yourself. I like the lines on that and the low profile yamaha looks great in that. What is your speed with full gear and 2 in the boat? I had a friend who was considering a 215 in an 18', but opt'd for the SJ200 instead.

Nice looking rig!

Darkside said:
Montana, Nice looking rig. Did you build it yourself. I like the lines on that and the low profile yamaha looks great in that. What is your speed with full gear and 2 in the boat? I had a friend who was considering a 215 in an 18', but opt'd for the SJ200 instead.

Nice looking rig!

no i did not weld up this hull. it was welded at another shop and i finished it out . i installed a new 6" aquajet jet pump then installed the yamaha engine , did all the flooring with bed liner sprayed over it,seats,gauges , all the controles, fast helm 135 deg, lights ,
and now ready to install a new custom impeller to match this engine to this pump. im thinking that we will end up with a 13-19 pitch impeller. with this set up we are hoping for a nice cruise speed of around 26-30 mph and a WOT speed of 41mph on the river
should haul 3 guys and all there gear very well.
if any of you guys out there building there own inboard jet boats like this with these smaller H.P. engines we are the USA dist. for these aquajet jet pumps. we have used them with many engines from 65hp up to 180 hp subaru engines. we just have to match the impeller up to the engine being used. what really nice is how close the engine mounts up to the jet unit.

'

Attachments

• DSCN1801.JPG
    DSCN1801.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 4,189
  • DSCN2597.JPG
    DSCN2597.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 4,189
That's an awesome looking pump. If/when I build another jetboat, I will definitely keep y'all in mind when I need to get a pump, instead of using the Yamaha XL1200 pump like I did this time. I used the XL1200 pump because it was one of the few jet ski designs that used a bolt-in design for the intake duct, where most are molded into the fiberglass hull. Had I known about the Aqua Jet pump, that would have been my choice.

I saw a video of this boat (or at least I think), and at the end, I notice that the impeller being sharpened with a file, while it's assembled on the pump. That's something you can't do with conventional jet pumps, so, that's another added plus of the Aqua Jet design.

For example, with the XL1200, you have to disassemble the entire pump and unthread the driveshaft from the coupler to slide it out of the hull to access the impeller. Somewhat of a PITA.

The Aqua Jet design appears to be a better setup, all the way around, including the reverse gate (I bet it has a good bit of thrust in reverse with that size gate on it). Thanks for the info.

the vid you are talking about is NOT this boat as it has not been on the river so far
we just finished in the build and we will test run it as soon as we have the new impeller installed
but yes these jet pumps are alot nicer for install into a welded aluminum boat
and the company we use to make the impellers can build any pitch to match this pump to the engine you choose to use

HoytHunter69 said:
chabel said:
P4160070-esize.jpg

I'm new to the site and the forum. This is my Tracker 2000 Pro Team 185 Jet. Currently having some dents taken care of in the hull and Rock Proof installed. I know Tracker gets a bad rap sometime but this is the perfect boat for the kind of fishing I do. I wish they still made this model. Can't find one anywhere.
Chuck

Nice rig! whats Rock Proof ? I assume something to protect the hull ? how much? and who does it?

rock proofing out west would be something like this a 1/2" thick 6061 keel with 1/2" thick uhmw over that. this makes for a very strong bottom and really helps make it easier to push when we run out of water lol.

Attachments

• DSCN2111.JPG
    DSCN2111.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 4,108
  • DSCN2309.JPG
    DSCN2309.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 4,108
Good lord! 1/2" thick hull?! Wow! You'd have to run over a hand grenade to do any kind of damage to that! The only downside is the added weight. But most definitely rock-proof.

gotasquirt said:
the boat that you are thinking about is mine and it is the same design as mine

Ok, so YOU'RE the guy with the video of jetboating the river in CA, with Metallica "Enter Sandman" as the audio. Awesome video, man! Awesome boat, too!

There's a few spots in the video that scare the heck out of me, such as skirting past some of those boulders. But I guess when people look at my videos of running around the razor sharp oyster beds, it probably gives them a good jolt, too. I guess it's all in knowing the area you're running in.

Darkside said:
Yikes... Maybe I can help with the UHMW/Poly bottom stuff.

Rock Proof is the name of a small custom boat shop in Central PA, and not the name or process of adding UHMW to the bottom of boats.

UHMW stands for Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene and it comes in various sheet sizes in thicknesses of 3/4, ½ and 3/8 inch. Thinner thicknesses did not offer the impact resistance and require a different application process. For more product detail and specifications visit Crown Plastics.

Some UHMW jet boat history…

The process was started by Florida Air Boat guides that were wearing out the bottom of their 1/8th and 3/16th inch aluminum boat hulls. They were drilling about 500 holes and using SS screws that were counter sunk into UHMW and bolted the bottom of boats. In the mid 90’s Tom Snyder (Snyder Boats) started putting this on the Air Boats he built and then his Jet Boats. Around that time, he put UHMW on the bottom of the jet boat run by Brent Kauffman. A few years later Brent started his own company called Rock Proof Boats. He and Snyder we one of the first to apply the UHMW to their jet boats. Shortly after, other boat MFG’s jumped on board. I know there was at least 1 Inboard mfg that put them on their production boats in the 2005 time frame and around that time there was a technology for adding 1/8” without the use of hardware. The process was time, space and temperature prohibitive and made the process expensive at first. The 1/8” made the hulls slide off rocks nicely, but lacked the thickness to offer the impact protection bolted process did. James River Jets of VA offered this and it was a decent process. Some tried to double up the process by adding two 1/8” strips, but over time that proved to be a bonding mess for a number of boat owners.

UHMW is heavy, pricey and labor intensive (I've done this on 4-5 boats). It will cut down on the over speed and performance of a jet boat, but adds hull protection that can be a must have for certain areas of the country. It is not for every craft and the weight alone can significantly impact the planning performance on lower powered jet boat hulls.

Great read! thanks for your help. sorry for the late reply. thats a lot of good info.

A work in progress, but here's my first jet boat. Uses a 787 cc Seadoo motor in a 15' Aluminum Semi-V. Used on larger lakes and rivers in Texas. About 95% complete at this point, but functioning well. Consider me a jet boat convert.
JSJB - Overhead View.jpg

You can follow my build here... https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22354&start=45

Thanks to everybody on here for their help and interest.

Here is my new boat.

1748 Weldcraft with a 125 Mercury.

dual livewells. Alpine stereo system, bimini top.

Future plans:
repaint(maybe orange or navy blue)
new carpet
aluminum wheels on trailer
dual consoles

photobucket-6501-1325433082260.jpg

photobucket-9774-1325433482601.jpg