Lowe Stinger 175

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtinboatman

Reaction score
I have been searching for an aluminum bass boat now for a bit and I have found a great deal on a leftover 2013 lowe st175 and it was one that I had on my short list along with the crestliner vt17 and tracker 175 txw. I ruled out the tracker bc of the wood deck. My question is on the motor of the lowe. It is rigged out with 60hp mercury four stroke. The boat is rated up to a 75. Should I pay the extra and get the 75 4 stroke or 75 optimax and if so which one? Also anyone with good reason not to buy a lowe? I read alot of reviews and they seem good for the most part. Any and all info is appreciated. Also this is my first new boat and my previous boat have been 14 ft johns. Thanks!!

I have a friend with a fairly new 1860 Grizzly center console with a 60 horse Merc 4 stroke. That boat is pretty heavy, but that motor pushes it very well. I wouldn't expect 60 mph out of that setup, but it is a solid, smooth, quiet motor that will get you down the lake. I guess it depends on how fast you want to get there and your wallet as to which motor you should get.

Cool thanks for the info. The price of the boat with the 60 horse is 14,900, 15,700 for the optimax and 16,200 for the 75 four stroke. My original budget was 17k so I pretty much had to get a 60 horse but now that the 75 is affordable I really can't decide. I see you are from guntersville. My wife is from Arab and we are down in that area 2-3 times per year. I plan on this year bringing our boat down when I get a new one and trying out the lake. I have fished it a few times from the bank.

Latest posts