Mojo's 1995 Sea Nymph 1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great build, looks awesome. I have to agree with your advice, takes a lot more material (especially rivets).

I'll just mirror what everyone else has said, great build, congrats and as you enjoy your boat I'm sure you'll run across a thing or two you'll need to modify or change, that kind of stuff will be very interesting to hear as well.

Thanks for all the complements guys!

As promised here's the seat repair pictures. I also did a small enhancement project that I'll share below.

Here's the new office chair air shock I got from Ebay for $25. All we want out of this thing is the chrome shock itself.
IMG544.jpg

Turn it upside down and you'll find the clip holding it in.
IMG545.jpg

Here's the new one along with the old broke one for comparison. Like I said the new one is a tad bigger.. doesn't make a diff just means the seat can sit higher if desired.
IMG547.jpg

Place the old seat attachment back on your new post and knock it down tight with a rubber mallet.
IMG548.jpg

Here is where the whole thing being put back together isn't a perfect solution. The old seat post had a spot half way thru the assembly that had a hole that you put the bottom of the gas shock thru and attached that metal clip that we took off earlier. That kept the two pieces of the seat post secured to each other.
Now the way they made this in the factory is they put that clip on then slid it down into the middle of the post and crimped the ring in place. There is no possible way to get it back out.. or to get a clip on there down in the middle of that long post... So I just didn't worry about it.
This means that the two parts of the post are not joined together and it just sit's down inside of the post and gravity does the rest. It's not perfect but this seat isn't for riding on at speed and as long as you remember that its not secure and don't try to pick it up out of the post hole by just grabbing the seat it will still work just fine.
It does what it is supposed to do which is become adjustable again and give you a little shock cushion when you sit down on it.
IMG549.jpg

Seat still works and 25 bucks and its in two pieces instead of one is still better than another 80 for a new post in my opinion.
IMG550.jpg

Here's the other little project. I stole this from someone else's build... don't remember who but "Thanks Dude" We lost one of the twist off access covers when we didn't tighten it down right and it flew off while going down the highway. Hopefully this will keep that from happening again.
IMG552.jpg

Mojo:

Wow, what a great looking rebuild. You really did a nice job. Looks, and fishes a lot better than when it was new, I am sure!

I am curious about the elbow on the filler hose of your fuel tank. Has it been working out well for you? I recently completed a boat with the same tank and I can't bend the filler hose enough at the tank inlet to keep it from being REALLY slow to fill. I ordered a length of "super flexible" fuel filler hose and it helped just a little, but still not very good. The hose curves up from the fill inlet and ends up being almost as high as the fuel inlet on the boat. I think if I could put an elbow on the tank, it would help. I am curious as to how yours has worked out for you. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have. :D