MV 1648 NCS Sierra turned into a poor mans bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big ol rod locker and recessed foot control are some must haves. Next is the locker for my tackle. The rod locker can hold plenty of poles at any length.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,553
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,553
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,553
Everything is just roughed in and still needs finish work. As you can see the opening allows for the rods to be push all the into the bow area underneath the deck. Also I can still use the original storage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,543
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,543
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,543
Looking good so far......:) The pics maybe loading upside down due to the size of them. Not sure what the official size of pics allowed here is, but I can remember putting up pics of my boat and just kept shrinking them down to get them to show correctly.

How much foam did you have packed in your bench? Any plywood under the aluminum? Curious how much is really in there bc I've thought about putting the battery there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is two layers of foam. 2/3 of it is the cheap popcorn foam. The bottom layer is the higher buck closed foam. It is filled bottom to top minus a layer of 3/4 marine plywood that supports the bench. I gained a lot of storage doing this. Well worth it. I am reinstalling the plywood beneath where my seat is going and on the other side of my hatch for support. I'm going to be laying a aluminum floor in it also. It's going to have to be installed in three sections.

Here is the beginning of the "tackle box". The boxes will be able to be removed completely with a few bolts. That will make it easy to store the tackle inside during the winter and also have easy access for running electrical.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,257
The tackle box is sitting on four pieces of aluminum that will have a total of fours bolts that will hold it in place. Each bolt will have a welded nut on the bottom side of the plate. That way all you need to do is take a driver and remove four bolts and out she comes! It's nice to be able to use that area for camping gear when we are out on the sand bars of the Mississippi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,246
Here is the tackle box locker with lid and latch the installed. Found the latches on Amazon for $28 a piece. Pretty sweet deal considering they lock and are of pretty good quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,203
All the pieces are in place and secured finally. There are still some trim and filler pieces to add. Can't wait to start running wire and getting everything mounted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,146
Looks fantastic. Great looking fab work and love the tackle box idea. Keep up the good work.

Here are some pics of everything layed out on the boat before I started installing. I wanted to get a good look at it before I started to make sure it all worked where I wanted it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,111