MV 1648 NCS Sierra turned into a poor mans bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking real good!! Where did you get your tubing for the bilge pump? I'm having a hard time finding a replacement for the cheap hose they come with.

allanlebar said:
Looking real good!! Where did you get your tubing for the bilge pump? I'm having a hard time finding a replacement for the cheap hose they come with.

Thanks! I just went to my local boat shop. I didn't bother looking online. I wanted to feel it in hand and didn't want to pay shipping for three feet of hose. I have to imagine that any boat repair or parts store will have the correct quality hose. I wanted one that wouldn't be affected by UV rays and freezing temps. Sorry I didn't have a part number to give. Good luck!

Thank you CMC! I could have used this on my previous flat bottom! Trim and Tilt...it's going to nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 912
Slough Runner said:
allanlebar said:

Thanks! I just went to my local boat shop. I didn't bother looking online. I wanted to feel it in hand and didn't want to pay shipping for three feet of hose. I have to imagine that any boat repair or parts store will have the correct quality hose. I wanted one that wouldn't be affected by UV rays and freezing temps. Sorry I didn't have a part number to give. Good luck!

That's my problem I don't have any "local" boat shops, don't know why but I never thought about parts store, thanks! I just picked up a CMC PT-35 myself. I probably won't get to installing that for about 2 weeks though.......

That's my problem I don't have any "local" boat shops, don't know why but I never thought about parts store, thanks! I just picked up a CMC PT-35 myself. I probably won't get to installing that for about 2 weeks though.......[/quote]

Could you do me a favor and let me know how the installation goes and if you noticed that your boat plains out better. I'm a ways out on installing mine. Thanks!

Here I have all my holes cut finally on my bow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 836
Now I have completed my sanding for paint and gave her a bath. I took the time to roughly install all my pieces to make sure everything fit and worked the way I wanted it to. It took time to take it all back out but I feel this saved me from having to back up later once it was all painted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 859
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 859
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 859
Did you ever mention what motor your putting on here? Curious what the total weight is now too. They say 305 stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
Did you ever mention what motor your putting on here? Curious what the total weight is now too. They say 305 stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm running a 1997 Evinrude 3 cylinder 25hp. My weight is getting up there but it shouldn't be a problem. Everything I added for boxes and decking is almuminum. As far as equipment and tackle I'm still well under the 1010 lbs capacity. Including me and a passenger. I am keeping my eye out for a 35 hp Honda four stroke though.

How much foam do you think you removed? Interested to see how much lower if any you'll sit in the water then me. Mines very minimalistic in comparison to yours gotta snap some new pics one of these days with the updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
How much foam do you think you removed? Interested to see how much lower if any you'll sit in the water then me. Mines very minimalistic in comparison to yours gotta snap some new pics one of these days with the updates.

I removed 80% of my foam. Only foam that is left is the very upper right hand side of my bow and whatever is under the original floor. If I sink I'll sink with the most storage a guy could have on a boat this size! As far as floating lower, the foam has nothing to do with how the boat rides. It only comes into play once he entire boat is filled with water. The idea is that as the boat sits brand new with no accessories if it is completely filled with water it must not sink completely. It is mandated by the coast guard and all boat manufacturers have to pass this test. knowing that I made the boat the way I wanted and am going to a chance that I won't put a hole in my boat so bad that my bilge pump can't keep up enough to get me 100yds to the shore.

Primer and Paint...bout time! Can't wait to get to the shop tomorrow morning before I start work and peel some newspaper to see how it turned out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,036
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,036
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,036
I didn't go with hydroturf. Found this stuff from blacktip jet ski company. It is awesome. Saved a bunch of money and it's better than hydroturf in my opinion. It has a great adhesive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,008
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,008
Jim said:
Catching up now........wow! Great build.

Thanks Jim. I came across this site two years ago and after seeing all the great builds I sold my flat and bought this boat. It has been a blast building it.

Making some progress on getting goodies installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 955
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 955
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 955

Latest posts