My Custom Fishing Machine 18'-0" Flat Bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bulldog, To tell you the truth I really dont' know how much it weighs. I tried to keep from overly using wood on it as wood is heavy, I guess the most weight came frome the 3/4" plywood floor and raised deck. It did gain some weight from the aluminum, but not that much. Performance was not affected at all because of weight though, it handles and rides very well for a Jon Boat. Check back, as I'll have more updates coming.

Hey Poormans Boatright, very nice craftmanship and design. Would like to ask you some questions about your build. Please check your messeges and PM me back please.

Thanks
C4

Real Craftsmanship you have! I saw a Civil War cannon that would go nicely on the front! What a useful solution to old Junkers, Great Work. Looking forward to all your pics, do you live near No Arkansas, i would like to learn to weld like that! Don't forget to go Fishing,before you start your next project, AJ

Thanks guys for all of your compliments, I really appreciate it.

Waterwings, I used Allweld O.D. green for paint, you spray it. This paint is ready to use right out of the can, no mixing or thinning. It is very durable also. Dries quickly also.

I'll get some pics of it in the water soon.

Thanx Jim for the compliments. I really like this site, glad I happened upon it.

I have a few updated pics of this weekends work to add, I'll try to get them on tonight. Thanx again_Rod

Heres a few tools of the trade that made this project possible. First is a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma cutter, I couldn't have done this project with out this little jewel. In the second pic is a Miller spool gun powered by a Millermatic 250 power source, I used the spoolgun on most of the welding, however I did tig weld some of it.

Attachments

• spool gun.jpg
    spool gun.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,869
  • plasma2.jpg
    plasma2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,869
First off Welcome!

You have built one fine machine there and it looks like a real dream. I have a 16' lowe that I am modding up. You have done some things that I was planning on doing also. One of my questions it what kind of lights are on the front rails? Are they 12v? How bright are they?

I really like your overall layout. I already added a front deck to mine, but for bass fishing, and I was planing on building a removable shooting deck. One thing that I am wanting to do is build a raised floor between my rear seat and my extended front casting deck, and then I want to put my center console on it. I have been thinking about adding some pontoons like yours in the back. I don't really think I need them, but I guess they couldn't hurt. I too have very little in my boat money wise. I got the hull for $150 and built a trailer out of a salvage trailer. I was given a motor and then traded it for a different one. I don't think I have even $500 in mine yet. We do boat repairs and a dealer around here owed us some money, so we picked up a bunch of used trolling motors from them and I built 2 complete units from three identical units. And fixed a bad switch on another and I have 3 complete running TM's. I think I bought a $12 part for one of the motors.

We are almost neighbors, (only about 1-1.5 hrs away) Maybe one day we can meet up and go do some fishing in our boats.

Latest posts