New member from MO.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver99gt

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here from Mid-MO. Although not new to boats by no means. Just getting into the forum boards to chat with fellow boat owners. I have a few boats in sig although dont know how to convert to url to get the images to show up in the sig. Happy boating this 4th of july!

Nice couple boats there. Welcome to the family. We are going to put together a little run for the Midwest guys at some point this summer. You should try and make it.

Ha....I saw your post in another topic. Thought those looked like Missouri boats. Might I guess you've been to Troutt & Son's? :wink:

Welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have another jet boater aboard! You do like to fish though....right??? :LOL2: :LOL2:

Oh yeah, love to fish. I purchased the motor from troutt yes. they are good friends of mine. Although pending sale i may not have it much longer. hard to keep two boats like i have around...one is always sitting. and i hate seeing something that costs that much just sit. i have another little jet for gigging, etc. little 1648 alweld with a 35 evinrude. its ugly though lol.

Glad to see another person from around home on the boards. By the way, did you have your Blazer at Troutt's poker run last year? I remember banking the boat and talking to somebody with an 1856 blazer/225 Mercury Promax on the back last year at the second or third gravel bar. Nice shoal runner as well!

I figured you would have sold your Blazer by now. It was on Craigslist a while back I remember.

Yeah i was on the boating for buddies poker run last year, as well as i will be this year. I talked to so many people that day i couldnt tell who from what lol. I got it sold, pending funds. i'd like to take the cash and rip apart my shoal runner this winter with a little more spunky engine and i'd like to redo my front deck for a little more room to move around. i got used to the huge open floor plan i ordered my blazer with. the shoal runner is kinda a cramped area. thanks for the compliments though. I rushed my tail off getting the shoal runner repainted and reworked for the season. i love the boat!

Love the blue and white look of the shoal runner. If you can't already tell by my boats color, I am a big fan of blue. :mrgreen:

I'm ready for the poker run. I was planning on going to the gator boats poker run, but had something else going on that day and chose to do it instead. I doubt my clip on would have fit in anyways. :lol:

i didnt end up going either. i wished i could have but i got tied up. i already have a RV lot at scenic 63 rv park so i kind of have to go to boating for buddies one. and dont worry about ur boat fitting in. most of my buddies have legend ss boats that i run with lol

actually my buddy has ur twin pretty well. 09 legend 1960 with a 150. sharp boat. same color. he washed it every time he looks at it **** near. lol

You just had to put that picture up of you beating the Yammy didn't ya...lmao. Just wait till my 3.3L Yammy is back from Hydrotec. Love the Shoal Runner though!

Well hey there rod lol. Yeah I just had to do it. Best pic I got lol. At least I didn't put up a pic of the first race Haha.... how Does
it run now?

silver99gt said:
actually my buddy has ur twin pretty well. 09 legend 1960 with a 150. sharp boat. same color. he washed it every time he looks at it **** near. lol

Zach's boat? I wash mine quite a bit too now that I have a nice looking boat. My first boat was just a bare aluminum 16 footer and I don't think I ever washed it. Heck I cleaned fish on the front deck of it all the time. Threw a few buckets of water on the deck, pull the plug and head down the road. :LOL2:

I'm really starting to want a bigger hull with a 60" bottom. My buddy has a 225ho Etec on an 1860 Legend SS flat bass that's a lot of fun to drive. My only gripe about his boat is I wish it had hydraulic steering instead of cable. That big motor is heavy and it's hard to steer when you are going WOT or have it trimmed up quite a bit.

Wishful Thinking said:
You just had to put that picture up of you beating the Yammy didn't ya...lmao. Just wait till my 3.3L Yammy is back from Hydrotec. Love the Shoal Runner though!

Does anybody else run around here run a Hydrotec Yamaha with a jet? I've read a lot of bass boat guys that run their engines and get some crazy speeds out of those things but with props. I was curious how one would do with a jet setup. Don't seem like there are many Yamaha Vmax jets around. Everything is Mercury on an Alweld/Blazer except for the Etecs on Legends.

if i remember correctly, dont quote me, but Rod was getting 54mph with 2 ppl in his boat the day i seen him gps'n it.

oh and yea zach's boat. we used to fish out of my blazer on wednesday night tourney's and such until he got his boat. i pretty well treated my blazer the same way. went gigging and everything with it haha

silver99gt said:
if i remember correctly, dont quote me, but Rod was getting 54mph with 2 ppl in his boat the day i seen him gps'n it.
What kind of setup is he running? That 1860 Legend with the 225ho maxes at 54 heading down river. Normal is right around 50.

silver99gt said:
oh and yea zach's boat. we used to fish out of my blazer on wednesday night tourney's and such until he got his boat. i pretty well treated my blazer the same way. went gigging and everything with it haha
I gig out of my boat all the time. Nobody else has a decent gigging rig so we are always using mine. Last year I went with a pair of 400w metal halide lights versus the 300w Walmart halogens and man does it light up the water now. The mud/sand is more of a pain to clean the fish scales on my carpet. If I come across an old rubber bed liner, I'm gonna trim it to fit my front deck to save some clean up.

Wishful Thinking said:
Not sure who Rod is. I haven't got it yet to test, but it was doing 55 with just me in it. 1856 Blazer with nothing in it.
What size engine are you running? Is that a .80 or .100 hull? We usually pick up a few miles an hour with two people in the boat. The boat doesn't lean as much as with just one person.

Latest posts