New member from MO.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishful Thinking said:
Not sure who Rod is. I haven't got it yet to test, but it was doing 55 with just me in it. 1856 Blazer with nothing in it.
I'm sorry bud i though you were Rod Valley from bourbon. Has a alweld with a 225 vmax. My boat with 3 guys and a full tank ran a consant 54. hit a riffle or shallow area and it'd jump up to 55 56. dont know how fast it was with one person. drove like crap with one person a high speeds so i never gps'd it.

silver99gt said:
I'm sorry bud i though you were Rod Valley from bourbon.
So you know Rod. He works with me at Kirberg. He told me he had a Jet. But never said it was a brute. I can't believe you guys have twice the HP I have but only run 15-20mph faster. I was thinking of going bigger,but I don't think it will be worth it.

S&MFISH said:
silver99gt said:
I'm sorry bud i though you were Rod Valley from bourbon.
So you know Rod. He works with me at Kirberg. He told me he had a Jet. But never said it was a brute. I can't believe you guys have twice the HP I have but only run 15-20mph faster. I was thinking of going bigger,but I don't think it will be worth it.

yeah i know Rod. thats his boat on page 1. 20mph faster on the water is QUITE a bit faster :wink:

It's a Vmax HPDI 300, only ran it once and started having some issues cause the previous owner had it on a Weldcraft 2060 and sunk it. So instead of wasting money fixing it to stock, it was sent off to be built into what will hopefully be a powerhouse. The boat it will sit on for now is an 1856 Xterminator .100 hull. Just depends on how it performs if it's kept or not. Had a Shoal Runner and have been in a couple 598 powered Gator tunnels that hit over 100 mph, so I'm starting to lean that way now.

Is that the boat that was for sale on craigslist a while back for a while? My buddy was talking about going to look at it but never did. Did the owner not specify that it was sunk before it was bought?

yeah i also remember seeing that boat on c-list. was wondering who might of snatched that thing up. soon as i win the lottery i'll have me one or two of those 100 mph gators lol

A $82,000 closed bow Gator with roll bar slid in to the same gravel bar as us saturday and as sweet as it looked and sounded I can't say I would give that kinda money, if the girls that were in it possible came with it that could be a persuading factor.

My buddy I was runnin with has a open bow scorpion that looks alot like a gator but alot cheaper.

Ya it was the boat from C-list. He said it had been sunk for 2 hours, and was straight forward about it. He is 21 and bought a Gator tunnel from Linn with a 540 in it, one of those rich kids that daddy buys everything for. Already messed up that one too. Lance Sutton had the boat to beat at one time. Now a guy from Owensville named Shane has a Gator tunnel that he built a 598 for. The man who helped him build the engine has the very first Shoal Runner ever built which runs a 427 twin turbo and runs 103 with 4 people in it. We'll soon see who's the fastest.

Wishful Thinking said:
Ya it was the boat from C-list. He said it had been sunk for 2 hours, and was straight forward about it. He is 21 and bought a Gator tunnel from Linn with a 540 in it, one of those rich kids that daddy buys everything for. Already messed up that one too. Lance Sutton had the boat to beat at one time. Now a guy from Owensville named Shane has a Gator tunnel that he built a 598 for. The man who helped him build the engine has the very first Shoal Runner ever built which runs a 427 twin turbo and runs 103 with 4 people in it. We'll soon see who's the fastest.

Yea I know Shane. I graduated high school with him. I've never seen his boat running all out but I'm sure it would be fun to watch. I've he has nitrous running on that beast as well. One day when I'm rich and already have my outboard jet and a SeaArk Procat paid off I'll get a gator tunnel hull. I like fishing too much to get an inboard tunnel for just pleasure boating. That would just be a for the hell of it boat. :mrgreen:

fender66 said:
If I ever run that fast on the water I hope my Mamma slaps my face. :shock:

I'd rather go fish than go fast.

Most of the guys that go that fast just pleasure boat ride. If I didn't fish so much, I'd be like everybody else and wanting a gator tunnel hull I'm sure.

Seth said:
fender66 said:
If I ever run that fast on the water I hope my Mamma slaps my face. :shock:

I'd rather go fish than go fast.

Most of the guys that go that fast just pleasure boat ride. If I didn't fish so much, I'd be like everybody else and wanting a gator tunnel hull I'm sure.

kind of why i ended up getting an inboard. mine you can fish out of, has livewells, trolling motor, fish finders, etc, while also having pretty much endless possibilities to how fast i can go. You only go as fast as your pockets are deep :eek:

I can run about 52 or 53mph when empty and on the right water. That's plenty fast for me. Anything else I'd have to change my pants. :shock:

fender66 said:
I can run about 52 or 53mph when empty and on the right water. That's plenty fast for me. Anything else I'd have to change my pants. :shock:

i hear ya lol the meremac....52 is well well fast enough. My promax would run 54 with 3 guys and a half tank of fuel (12 gal), trolling motor, 4 batteries, etc. never gps alone. but would pull pretty good on boats that would run 53 54. My shoal runner ran 52 53 with 3 ppl on its maiden voyage. added a few this and thats but not much at all. I'd be happy with a low 60mph boat i could fish tourney's out of and run in 6 inches of water. thats the goal anyways. Hopefully after season is over i'll be able to tear into it.

Regarding the ? about Hydra-Tec Marine in Nix, Mo. we have a 03 Triton TR-20 with a 200 Yamaha that was built by Wayne Worthy @ Hydra-Tec marine, new heads/phase 3 kit engine dynoed at 275 HP, etc. this boat will run 90 + MPH, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QL-RDauDo copy and paste, https://ads.boatboss.com/156_St_Louis/53754_2003_TRITON_TR_20_BASS_BOAT_YAHAMA_200_HP_4_STROKE_VMAX_3_1_L_LOW_HRS.html

"Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"!
"And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one" Luke: 22:36

Latest posts