New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello,
New here, I'm John from KY. Wish I found this site long time ago. I have always love jon boats a small V's. My first boat was a handmedown 1432 jon, than move to a Tracker 1436 than to a Lowe 1236, than to a crestliner 1667 V that I deck out, and now I have a Alumacraft 1448 mod V on order and can't wait to get it. I am planing a adding a steering console to it that I built myself after pricing new ones lol. I am planning on putting the motor I had on the 1667 which had a 05 mercury 25 4 stroke. The 1667 is now my dads pond boat. I just kept the trailer and motor.
I look foward to learning alot here and getting alot of Ideas.

thanks

I'm Aaron from the bluegrass region of Kentucky and mainly fish small creeks and rivers around here. I've been lurking for a couple years and decided to make an account recently. This site has been a valuable resource for me in my hunt for a boat to fit my needs and storage limits. I don't think I am going to mod my boat much aside from a low/flat floor in the front and some common accessories. I've already rebuilt the trailer and wired the boat for a fishfinder, bow mount trolling motor and bilge pump.

1978 SeaNymph 14A running a 1966 Merc 39 and 36lbs MinnKota up front.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Welcome to TinBoats Aaron. Looks like you have it together. Great rig for the small rivers/creeks, and that trailer looks great.

Hello

New here. Been lurking for a while and like a lot of the boat rebuilds I have seen. I own a small 12/36. Its all I know about it accept the fact it needs to be redone and its fairly old. I bought the boat, trailer, motor, trolling motor and paddles with it. If I remember right I only paid like $250 for the whole shabang. They bought a new bought and just wanted to get rid of it. I have used it a few times but in need of some TLC. Love to go fishing mostly on my own, sometimes I feel like taking friends out with my little boat. They dont like to get into places or stay out as long as I do, which is why I go mostly on my own. I love the fight the little fish give when hooked. Hopefully I can learn more from here as I go.

Welcome aboard dj722000. Happy to have you as part of the family. You'll find that most of us here don't want to quit fishing....so you don't have to worry about coming in too early. :mrgreen:

My bad, I never saw this link before...been on the board for about a month updating my build and getting some great feedback/tips from everyone on this site. Great group of members on this site. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help others with their projects and questions!

My name is Sean, I live in Mass and have been fishing since I was little. I love bass fishing and unfortunatly due to work/wife/kids haven't done near as much as I'd like to in the past 5 years. So, bought a small jon boat, made it my own, and have been out multiple times already this season. We have a family place on a lake in Maine that still the best fishing spot I've found (no I will not say the location [-X ). Currently I'm gearing up for our annual "guys weekend" over memorial. This consists of 10-12 family/friends having bass fishing tournaments, drinking way too much, horseshoe tournaments and riding our quads during the day all over the state of Maine. It's heaven...

Sean

Hey guys, just signed up! My name is John and I live just south of HOTlanta, Ga. I am planning on buying a alumacraft 1542 and would like to mod it out. I love that this forum exists and I am excited about getting my new boat. I am 36 and married with two boys who love to fish. Daddy has never had a boat though so this should be fun for everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I am very grateful to be apart of this site. Looking forward to great interaction!

Southernman said:
Hey guys, just signed up! My name is John and I live just south of HOTlanta, Ga. I am planning on buying a alumacraft 1542 and would like to mod it out. I love that this forum exists and I am excited about getting my new boat. I am 36 and married with two boys who love to fish. Daddy has never had a boat though so this should be fun for everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I am very grateful to be apart of this site. Looking forward to great interaction!

Welcome Southernman!!!!! I live about 2 hrs from you in Alabama just over the Heard County, GA line. I think you will like it here.

Welcome aboard Southernman.

Us GA Boys are taking over.

Hey my name is Rodney live in Crandall, Tx (DFW area)
Have a coleman crawdaddy, and fish bass mainly but will do other fishing also. Love the site .. AnNybody else in the Dallas area hit me up and lets fish.. :p

Welcome to TinBoats Southernman and texas bass. Happy to have you both here. Don't forget that we love pictures and if you have any questions....don't hesitate to ask.

New guy from New Orleans. Found this site a couple of weeks ago and got the itch to build me something for the rivers and marsh around here. Ya'll have built some nice boats here. can't wait to find me one to build.

Welcome to TinBoats SwampBuggy. Keep us posted when you find the right tin for your project....and don't forget you can ask questions to help decide what works best for you.

Hello all! I just found this site and looks like a lot of good info here for tin! I've got an 05 PT175 Tracker w/75 Merc. Mainly fish Mark Twain Lake and just starting to learn LOZ. Looking forward to learning and helping others out here! :mrgreen:

Latest posts