New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the site! while i have been researching tin boats to buy i came across this site and have been lurking and looking at all the mods people are doing. now that i just got my boat this past weekend its time join here and to make some mods of my own and hopefully get some good information from the community here.

thanks!

my new boat to me! :)

i'll be posting up and looking for help with the stuff i want to do when i figure out what it is i want to do :)

14' Lowe 5' wide. with a 20hp good running johnson.
Boat001.jpg

Hello to all from SW Iowa, you know the fishing capital of the world! Got back into fishing when the wife decided while on a motorcycle trip to buy a Zebco fishing combo at the Wallmart in Arkansas. She was reeling 'em in while I sat on the bank and watched. We now carry Ultralights on the scooter with us where ever we go, just in case. Bought a Sea Nymph 14' that is in the planning stages of a mod which drew me to this site. Been lurking for a couple of weeks and I'm gonna start it today in fact.

Hello all. My name is Jon and I hail from LA, Lower Arkansas. Ive been poking around this site while looking for a boat. I started fishing again with a friend after a 15 year break and I'm hooked. He is also the inspiration to my member name. He always texts me and says " lets go rip some lips."
Just recently bought me a '91 1548 Alumacraft with a 25hp Yamaha with the intentions of starting on my mod project immediately, but ran into a small problem, the fish are biting.
I look forward to getting involved in the forums and picking some brains once i do get started on my Project.
That being said,
Lets Rip Some Lips

Hi.
I'm Kit.
I'm from Maple Grove, MN.
Currently, I'm working on putting new life into a 1970 Lund C-14.
I can't wait to finish & get on the water.

Hi everyone; I am located in SE Missouri in the Ozarks. Just turned 62 and am trying to semi-retire so as to be able to fish more! I currently own a 1952 Aluminum jetboat with a 4stoke Mercury, a just fisnished 16 foot traditional Ozark style wooden Jonboat and just bought a 14 foot MirroCraft deep v for a project boat. Been looking at all the different ideas posted on here and looking forward to geeting started on my boat.

New to the site from southern West Virginia. Just got my fourth boat of my life, an '87 12' Grumman 1237 LWT, got Motor Guide 54 Thruster on it and a really nice 1965 Mercury 110 outboard on it. The outboard was given to me from my uncle and the boat from a good friend. Wife and 21yr old daughter are encouraging me to work less, spend less time with antique tractors, and spend more time fishing like I used too...maybe trying to get rid me :) Spent years fishing with my buddies...then several years fishing with my little girl. Maybe she'll join me again in the boat when I get it fixed up...

New guy!

I'm in the Nashville, TN area and found this site recently and it's fantastic. I've learned more about tin boats in the last week of reading through all of the builds than I ever knew was possible.

Looking forward to making a cool camping/fishing rig!

I am a 21 almost 22 year old disabled firefighter/Emt from Gainesville Florida. Married with a 3 yr old son so I don't get allot of time for projects but when i do i take time and produce a quality crafted product. I am working on restoring a 14' mirrocraft 1979 V-hull with a 2004 Merc 25hp tiller 2-stroke outboard. Super tight budget but im pretty crafty, once i get the seams sealed up and pick up a plug from wally world its going on the lake for a fishing trip. Ill be restoring this boat over the next year or two, no rush just taking my time having fun doing another project.

Ive got four shattered discs in my lower back from firefighting so im not able to lift anything over 25lbs so that's why the project is going to take a year or two. But im glad to be here, y'all are fantastic fishermen that really know your stuff! I hope I can bring a few tricks to the table!

Thanks,
Tom

Hello from a greenhorn here in Minnesota. Got back into fishing a couple of years ago, and I decided I wanted to get to as many places on open water as during the ice season.

My wife actually spotted this boat on craigslist, an '81 Lund Pike 16' boat. It used to have a steering console. I think it got repowered in '94 or '95, because the motor is a '94 and so are the trolling motors (one on the stern, and a Minn Kota Autopilot on the bow). At that point, who ever reporwered it converted it to a tiller set up. The motor is a 25 horse Evinrude, and it runs like a champ.

The boat is nice enough that the wife will be seen with me in it, but there is still enough stuff to tinker on to keep me busy. In the meantime, there is the mythical bull bluegills and slab crappies to chase, and about 10,000 potato chip sized ones to catch!

070712161647.jpg

Peter

Hello all. Like many I have enjoyed this forum for a while before registering.
My son and I decided to dedicate some more time to fishing this summer
and settled on a 1448 lowe. It has been a great project for us. We started with a
bare boat and have been adding and building it as we go. I am a habitual tinkerer and can't leave anything alone so this has been a fun project. We also found a used but usable 197? something trailer and rebuilt it. We will post pictures later of the boat and trailer builds. Thanks for a great site!

Latest posts