New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, I live in West-Central Alabama was born with a fishing pole in my hand. I'm an IT guy guy by trade but would rather be on the water any day. I've had boats in the past both were fiberglass and learned much from that process especially what not to do. Now I'm getting ready to purchase my first tin boat hopefully this week. I have ideas of what I want but have tons of questions. This is a truly remarkable resource and I get forward to learning much and sharing knowledge with others.

Hi my name is Jake and I am from Michigan and now a proud owner of a tin boat. I have been trolling this site for some time while I was searching for the perfect boat in my price range.I will have some pictures later this week and I will have plenty of questions being a new boat owner.

thanks

Good Morning!

I have been "trolling" through all of the great info for weeks and only scratched the surface. I love this site!

I am family man in my mid 30's with 2 boys and a wonderful wife (aka she likes to fish too).

I bought my 1972 12' M. Ward flat bottom vee w/ 74 6HP Evinrude 23 days ago and been out boating and fishing 6 or 7 times (it took 10 days to register the boat and trailer).

I hope to have some pics uploaded shortly and will be searching for the right mods for my type of boat.

hey Y'all, Great site! My name is Justin, I live in western pennsylvania, just getting back into fishing after about 10 years of not having the time. I dug my old 14' starcraft out that i had when i was 16 and have it just about seaworthy. The Info here is invaluable! =D>

I actually kind of did this in a different area by accident but anyhow. My name is Tim I currently reside in Russelville AR. I have lived in NY,FL,CO, and now AR. The only common denominator has been fishing. I am loving living in this region and BASS Fishing! I just acquired a 14ft 1970 Waco & Trailer. This week I will really get down to business. I appreciate all the info made available from you guys.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343170203.116336.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343170203.116336.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 990
Hello

Name is Mike and i just became the proud owner of a 1960 14' crestliner falcon. I'm going to try my hands on a resto with this one and hope to get some good summers in cruising the chicago river and small lakes with the family. Here. Is a pic of the boat and its current state.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343261052322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343261052322.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,186
Hi
I'm Victor I have a 1985 Starcraft MR-220-V with a Merc 200 Black Max. It's strictly for fishing. I plan on re-powering and going thru the whole boat including a new deck winter after next. I'll be looking for tips on the job until then.
photo-9.JPG
Thanks
Victor

Hey all, Nick here. Just ordered an Alweld 1648 VZ w/ side console and a yamaha 40. Very anxiously waiting on it to arrive. Been browsing on here for a few days and really like the plethora of knowledge available. I look forward to learning as much as I can

Chicagomike said:
Hello

Name is Mike and i just became the proud owner of a 1960 14' crestliner falcon. I'm going to try my hands on a resto with this one and hope to get some good summers in cruising the chicago river and small lakes with the family. Here. Is a pic of the boat and its current state.

Love it!!! Great boat!

Somehow I missed this months ago when I Joined, Anyway, Hi All!!!! I'm Casey from Mississippi, but I also have a place on the coast in Alabama. I currently own four boats, but the one that I'm working with and that you Guys will be interested in is my 50's something Duracraft Duraflite. I've already posted pictures and have started the teardown process and will keep Y'all posted. My Son also has a 1959ish McKenzie aluminum runabout but it's in good enough shape that he is already enjoying it. We'll do a little sprucing up on it here and there in between his playing. I've already posted pictures of it as well. I'm proud to be a member here, thanks for all the help you guys have already given. =D>

Hi yall, my name is Preston and I recently purchased a 2012 alumacraft 1540 from Academy and found a good deal on a 93 Johnson 20hp on CL. I have been looking at different builds here for similar boats and really can't decide what I want to do to mine yet. I live in Friendswood TX. and if anyone lives in my area and would like to help me build a fishing machine it would be appreciated. I definetly am not a carpenter by any means! I think I am leaning towards putting an extended front deck for storage and a side console on but haven't made up my mind yet. Lot's of good info here and nice poeple. I guess I will just keep reading and looking for ideas for now.

Hello everyone. Just kind of wetting my feet here so before my thanks I guess there should be a little about me. I grew up in east Tennessee about 45 minutes from Watts Bar dam on the Tennessee River. Some of my earliest memories are crawling down those rocks by the dam to fish and sleeping in the back of that old station wagon. Can't remember if it was an Edsel or that the edsel came later. But dad taught us to shoot and to fish and I love him more for it. This is already getting too long so lets just say that a couple of years after high school I joined the Air Force and fishing took a back seat. This summer my nephew (he's 38 now with 3 boys of his own) and I decided to start dedicating some time to fishing. After 3 or 4 saturdays of walking through the woods around Lake Julliette in GA I decided it was time for a small Tin Boat. I am around 200 and he is 300+ so I had to search a while to find a nice wide boat. Found a 1977 Blue Fin 14' thats close to 15' (actually the same boat as the starcraft seafarer). Bought it knowing the transom was pretty much shot, just thought it would last longer than the first outing. It has a Mercury 110 9.8 hp motor and an old trolling motor that about half the speeds work, but we aren't standing on the bank. :D Any ways, after 20 years in the Air Force I own a tin boat and browsing this site has given me lots of knowledge and dreams to improve our little source of joy. I just want to thank all involved for creating and keeping up such a wonderful site. BTW I redid the transom and we had a lot of fun last Saturday. Working on some decent seats this week and planning to take his oldest boy (18 now...lol) with us this saturday. Thanks again and happy boating.
Bob

Welcome to Tinboats man!

Make sure you post lots of pictures of your boat! I too am a bigger guy 265+ and a disabled firefighter and the little 14' mirrocraft has allowed me to go fishing alone since my 19' SeaPro is too big for me to manhandle anymore.

There's a lot of great people on this site with a ton of knowledge!

Well guess it is time for me to introduce myself. I have been checking the site out for a couple of months and decided it was time to join. I live in the northwest corner of Ohio. I spend most of my fishing time on the lakes of southern Michigan. I am only ten miles from the state line. I have a 14 foot jonboat, that I have customized with all the goodies. This site has lots of good ideas and advice that will help in any future mods. I love bass fishing! If I am not fishing, then I am out looking for that next awesome lure. Look forward to some great topics, discussions, and information. Good fishing and God Bless !!!

Hey Ohiobassmaster. From one newbie to another, welcome to Tin Boats. Seems you have been cruising the site longer than me so you probably know about all the good info available. Again, welcome and happy boating :D

#-o Hey guys I joined about a week ago and just now found this here introduction page! So that being said, Hi my name is Lucas, I'm a fishaholic. I also have a boat addiction. Just got my first one! Checkout my boat restore in my signature. I always like advice. Here's my boat.

642cf2fb.jpg

1989 Bass Tracker

I love seeing everyone's boat builds I like watching them turn junk into treasure!
Also a big :WELCOME: to all the new members good to meet you guys! This place is great! You can always find great people ready to help! To all the folks that are in charge of this place and sponsors I thank you =D>

-Lucas

im new. name is marc haire, born big fork mn, grew up lake minnetonka mn. i have gills. went west like the man said! ended up in vietnam, three and a half years later and most of my azz i ended up in tn where i now live. great to be alive and live in the USA.