New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys

Name is Kim and I´m from the land of cold winters and blonde hot babes aka Sweden. I just found this forum searching for information on aluminium boats. I´ve found a new love in fishing and I´m looking to get a boat ready for the next season.

I´ve been looking for a boat but with a newborn I have to prioritize a bit differently then before so I´m up for all options. I´ve never been in to boats before so I have no prior experience and no equipment laying around so its gonna take a while to collect everything.

Europe and especially Sweden are extremely expensive with high living costs and high retail prices on almost everything despite the last years strong currency and you could almost put on 50-75% on american prices for most things so I have to find other ways to do this.

Then it hit me. I knew I had some pontoons laying around at my business and I remembering seeing some strange looking ones. I went out to the storage yard and hit the friggin jackpot I hope. 2 x 16' jon boats in acceptable condition. Anyways I´m on my way to get my own pike machine!

Best regards
Kim

Attachments

• Transom small.png
    Transom small.png
    902.4 KB · Views: 1,975
  • Gunwale small.png
    Gunwale small.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,975
  • Front small.png
    Front small.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,975
  • Jon boat 2 small.png
    Jon boat 2 small.png
    815.1 KB · Views: 1,975
  • Jon boat 1 small.png
    Jon boat 1 small.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,975
Hey Kim...welcome to TinBoats.

That looks like a monster of a jon boat! The sides are higher than any I've seen I think. What are the dimensions of that beast?

Hei Kim, og velkommen til et bra (men litt sært) forum. :) Du er ikke den eneste skandinaven her heller som du ser.

Start gjerne en egen tråd om den prammen du postet bilder av, jeg har aldri sett noe liknende.

For the not so scandinavian:
Kim, welcome and please start a thread on that Jon. I've never seem anything like it before either.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325006#p325006 said:
Team Colibri » 06 Aug 2013 01:41 pm[/url]"]Hei Kim, og velkommen til et bra (men litt sært) forum. :) Du er ikke den eneste skandinaven her heller som du ser.

Start gjerne en egen tråd om den prammen du postet bilder av, jeg har aldri sett noe liknende.

Kim, welcome and please start a thread on that Jon. I've never seem anything like it before either.

:beer:

Welcome all!

[url=https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325006#p325006 said:
Team Colibri » 06 Aug 2013, 19:41[/url]"]Hei Kim, og velkommen til et bra (men litt sært) forum. :) Du er ikke den eneste skandinaven her heller som du ser.

Hi Viking bro!

I went by my storage yard again today and looked them up and they are actually Swedish military ramp pontoons from à surplus stock. I will try to get more info from the military since the only thing I got is à model number and the weight of either 335 or 385 kg / 738 or 848 pounds. I have started another thread where I will ask questions and depending in the outcome I might start à build log.

BR
Kim

fender66 said:
Hey Kim...welcome to TinBoats.

That looks like a monster of a jon boat! The sides are higher than any I've seen I think. What are the dimensions of that beast?

I think it would be numbered 1660 by the standard but with massively high sides (37")

Hi everyone I'm BobbyR from Ohio. I just picked up my Dads 1975 Meyers V bottom. I can't wait to start getting ideas working on it.

BobbyR

"Thanks Dad for taking me fishing. I know your watching over me."

Gary. Retired plumber. Gulf coast of Northwest Florida. Tracker 1436. I've had a few other small boats in my younger years, but this is my first 'tinny'. And where does that term come from, anyway. It's not 'tin', ya know!

Gary

Gary....if you're gonna start nit-picking already......

Nah...just kidding. Welcome to TINboats. We're happy to have you on board.

Hi! Matt and Britnee here, we have a 14' Lund 25HP Johnson and power drive 55. We are in SE Washington and enjoy an array of fishing and extracurricular activities. ;) (been trying to add an avatar but apparently my phone takes too big of pictures?) =(

Not sure how long intros are. Feel free to skip.

My wife and our 2 boys, 9 and 12 years old, live in Hortonville, NW of Appleton WI. I've worked in the corporate world, was an entrepreneur, but gave up the money to do what God has prepared me and called me to do... be a teacher working with at-risk kids. I've been working with these types kids for about 15 years. They have circumstances, some of which are a result of their bad decision, while others they were born into. Some in and out of jail, teenage parents, homeless, abused, having to follow babysit parents in bars to make sure they get home safely and others whose home life just SUCKS. It is kind of like a modified Jerry Springer show and I'm Steve ready to jump in.

I was a dedicated duck hunter before kids and before we moved to a new region of Wisconsin. I asked my wife to marry me in a marsh where I included "through duck seasons til death do us part" in my proposal. I switched to bow hunting as it didn't take as much time. I can walk out my backdoor and be in my stand in 5 minutes. I want to share the love of hunting with my boys but I don't feel bow hunting is best venue.

I've never really been into fishing but want to get into it so I bought a boat. I've have lived about 10 minutes from the Wolf River which have great walleye fishing, but I have no clue how to do it. There are a lot of back water areas so I'm really looking forward to spending time with my boys fishing and duck hunting.

I bought a used Alumacraft 1546 which is bare so I'm looking forward to doing mods to it. Kind of crazy...our family went out of town for a my son's soccer tournament and I came back with the boat. That is what I call success!

Look forward to learning about fishing and boat mods at this site.

Hey dogbyte....

You, and your family are going to really enjoy this.

Oh...and Welcome to the TinBoat family...you're gonna love it here as well.

Hey Y'all! I'm Oldenuff(literally). Real name Gary, but most people call me .....whatever gets my attention as long as it's not too late to eat. I live in Langely S.C. and have spent the last 64 years trying to be an artist, musician, auto mech., ...pretty much whatever I felt like at the time. I retired in 2004, and promptly went back to work doing anything I felt like( nice to be able to be choosy). Anyhow, I recently bought my first boat. A 1957 Ark. Traveler, and as some of you know, I had no clue as to the proper fuel mix. Thanks to all of you who responded to my plea. I have a lot of ideas and plans for this worthy craft and I'll probably be pestering you folks until it's done. I'd send pictures, but I have no clue how to do that. I think I just messed up. Hit that color thingy by mistake. I have to go now, my boat is calling me to come out and daydream some more. Again, thanks for letting me be part of the group. Gary Anderson

Latest posts