Question on getting started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a lot more done with my mod over the weekend. Finished framing the transom, put on the the waterseal and cut the plywood. I'm now waiting on the carpet to come in tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish up this next weekend. Also got a new Humminbird 565 fishfinder that I am going to mount with a RAM mount also.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 008 (2).JPG
    008 (2).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 4,095
  • 009 (2).JPG
    009 (2).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 4,094
  • 007 (2).JPG
    007 (2).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 4,096
  • 006 (2).JPG
    006 (2).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 4,095
  • 003 (2).JPG
    003 (2).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 4,096
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 4,099
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,101
I drilled into the seats, but not into the hull. The framing turned out rock solid, I was surprised how solid it ended up. I really believe this will add a lot of stability and make the boat overall much more solid. The carpet is supposed to come in today but I probably won't get much of a chance to work on it until later in the week. I am excited to get the carpet on and the flooring secured. Along with the new fishfinder and anchor mates I bought it should turn out pretty sweet!! :)

Thanks Jim for the bumper stickers, I got them on friday. :)

yea. im new. i just got my 14 ft jon boat thurs. for my early 16th bday..which is this wed. i want to put some floors in like that. cuz at the front its just stupid to lean toward the front of the boat to see the fishfinder.

na man. lol i live in GA i go up to Louisville to fish with my grandpa. been doing it since i was about 3. im goin up next weekend for my spring break. plus ill be able to drive. :D ill be 16 wed. my grandpa taught me everythin i know about fishin. but idk which layout floor plan would be better and less expensive. urs or this dude's lol. 8)

Framing the boat really isn't all that complicated. Just have some kind of a plan when you start and you will come up with other ideas as you go. I knew basically what I wanted to do but had to make some modifications along the way. It really isn't all that costly either.

I finished the rest of the watersealing last night. That was probably my least favorite part of the project so far. Doing all the edges of the plywood was a pain. I also picked up my carpet yesterday too. I will probably have to wait until the weekend to put the carpet on. I am excited to finish so I can attach all the other stuff (anchor mates, fishfinder, seats, 12v plug, etc.) I just hope she floats.. LOL

steel CURTain said:
Thanks!! I am looking forward to possibly finishing this weekend. :D

did u ever finish? lol how much was the total cost? can u make a list of the supplies?