Rainbows were biting yesterday!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzbarto

Reaction score
Trout 33115 (2).jpg

Tried my luck crappie fishing yesterday after work. Only caught two 8" crappie but landed about 20 of these trout. All were around this size. Season opens Saturday but I'll be guiding a youth turkey hunter.

Attachments

• Trout 33115.jpg
    Trout 33115.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,090
Nice fish - but if you are holding them by the gill plate you are not going to catch them again once the season does open

They is perfect bait size for Stripers and Flatheads!

That's the only one I took out of the water. All the rest were unhooked in the water and I didn't have to touch but two of them to get the hook out.

No problem. I know zilch about trout. I've only caught one or maybe two before this and that was years ago and no where near as big as these. I just remember seeing TV shows showing the guys gingerly netting and removing the hook without taking the fish completely out of the water. I caught these on a 1/8oz ball head jig with a red hook and crappie slug or panfish assasin. My guess is after opening weekend my chances of doing this again are slim. But I'll give it a try Monday after work and I'll have my trout stamp and a stringer just in case!

Latest posts