RiverPro LoPro with Extra HD Bottom and 1/2" UHMW

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UHMW adds about 2.5lbs per sf, so figure 3’x 15’ is 45sf or an additional ~115lb
Would have to guess on the weight of the screws... 2-3lbs?

We did this on a 2007 LoPro SCC, top speed when finished was just over 48mph. No sure if I could tell any difference in the turning without having the two side by side. Hoping this one performs much the same as that. We should know in a week or so.

Just a quick update-

The trip out to Missouri went well. We were able to get the boat out twice and test it in very skinny water. Even jumped a few dozen shoals to test the poly and the shallow capabilities of the craft. I am very pleased with the performance. I did lose a few feet of on plane burst and 1.5 to 2mph on top speed – which was expected. As for the burst I can't be too early to tell due to the break-in period on the engine.

Learned quickly that removing the UHMW turning strake covers, changes the performance, so that will be very interesting to see where that leads. I am nearly convinced that ¼” on the strakes would work better than ½” but that is all part of the process. I should be able to dial in the performance.

The recessed intake worked very well, even when jumping gravel bars (no rocks in grate). This was my first time with the high skew impeller, seems to loads the pump very well, even in a ultra skinny water. Looking forward to more playing the next few weeks.

I updated the pictures, here is the link below that starts with the latest updates use the "next" box to the upper right of the photo. Will add more pictures in the next day or so.

https://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2060728510055846616Gwccyy

Still a fair amount of testing needs done...

Do you have a guess of what that option will cost? I'm trying to figure out what my total will be with the options I want.

Would that be $1500 on top of the $2000 hd bottom skid plate? it's not that we need them around here all the time but the one time I slam in to something with my $32k+ boat, the comfort of having it is worth the $1500+ to me. Thanks Kevin.

$1500 will not provide a "killer bottom" structure like some Canadian builds (read heavy and mucho $$)...but will get ya 1/2" down the center keel plus standard bottom structure reinforcement. I'm kicking one off today...

Hey, what are doing over here? :LOL2: I'm not really sure given I've never retro'd a completed boat. As I get tooled up, I can give you a better answer. BTW, I'm building my first 190 ReCon / UHMW / Tunneled craft this week. I'll post pics later....

Latest posts