Skunked by my daughter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-Rawk

Reaction score
So it was windy as all get out today, but I decided to try my luck at my brothers small bass/catfish pond.

I got skunked, but my 6 year old didn't.

She was fishing with a Barbie rod & reel combo, Medium size bobber, 2 split shot 1/8th oz weights, a number 6 Renegade Hook, and a piece of Canadian Nightcrawler.

Here are the results:

Itty bitty bluegill, but she was excited and so was I.
P4120242.jpg

P4120243.jpg

My Daughter's First Bass!
P4120244.jpg

P4120245.jpg

Rubbing it in that she caught some and noone else did :twisted:
P4120246.jpg

Yeah, I'll remember that smile for a long time to come. I found this site as I was searching for jon boat mods. Don't have one yet, but working on getting a 12 ft Starcraft Mod V from what looks like the late 70's. Hope to get that and start in on it soon.

Hah, I was a bit torn between calling it a perch or a bluegill. Thanks for the correction. She also tried her luck on a Chartruese jig and was casting it pretty well but didn't have any takers. Can't wait til Summertime rolls in.

E-Rawk said:
Hah, I was a bit torn between calling it a perch or a bluegill. Thanks for the correction. She also tried her luck on a Chartruese jig and was casting it pretty well but didn't have any takers. Can't wait til Summertime rolls in.

Man - it really does not matter, your daughter certainly did not care; and nor would I, a fish is a fish!

How awesome is that! Thats what makes it all worth while. My daughter is 6 and now she gets so upset if she DOESN'T get any!

GOOD JOB DAD!!

My hat is off to you for getting your daughter hooked on fishing. I remember catching fish quite a bit, but the memories of my 3 year old son giggling and jumping around every time someone gets a fish or getting a bite and running to a rod while holding my five month old daughter will never fade. If you have kids and don't take them fishing, I encourage you to get em' out there. You may just find your favorite fishing partner!

Wow.. that is awesome! Congrats to your daughter. Looks like you may have a new fishing partner for life. :D

I hope so, Mom and dad took me fishing alot when I was a kid. Its been years since I was able to go fishing and now that I've gone again this year I've got the fever, I know she does cause she tried to get me to take her again yesterday instead of picking up the wife at the airport :)

The wife could have found her way home, lord knows mine always does no matter how for out I take her and drop her off! :twisted:

My daughter loves to "school me" when she goes with. She doesnt realize that I get more enjoyment out of her catching fish then when I do. Ill let her have braggin rights any day.

Welcome aboard, What can I say, those pictures are priceless dude! Little dudette, way to go sweety :fishing:

Latest posts