Slowly but surely - 14' Princecraft Springbok Semi V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcr32

Reaction score
Just started working on this the other day. Recently got in to fishing for smallmouth bass up here in B.C. Canada. Building this boat
for what I think would work best for me. Not in a rush to mod this thing so I'll slowly post updates whenever I get stuff done :)

This is what I started with. Boat is in good shape, couple very small leaks that are annoying me (About a cup of water in a 5 hour period) but I found them and I just need to repair them.

IMG-20120602-00043.jpg

I had a Mid 70's Merc outboard for the boat that I didn't really use so I sold it. Only have the Minn kota 40lb thrust for now which works great for the small lakes around here. Im going to try and source another newer outboard then rig up some sort of bracket on the bow for the TM.

So heres the first mod I did to it. Since I recently bought another rod (Abu Garcia Pro Max reel with a Vengence rod) I figured it'd be a nice idea to have some sort of boat storage for them.
I found a horizontal "broom" holder that works perfect and a Berkley horizontal holder. Made some small brackets out of some thin aluminum and bolted it all down. Im really happy with the way it turned out.

IMG-20120727-00185-1.jpg

IMG-20120727-00184.jpg

Then, yesterday, I enlisted my Dad's help to give me a hand with enclosing in the bow and making a storage compartment (Since my woodworking abilities severely lack). So we got it all done and carpeted. Turned out great! Now I have somewhere to store all my lifejackets, anchor etc. out of the wind and it's semi secure. Can also stand on it as a casting deck if need be.

IMG-20120729-00192.jpg

IMG-20120729-00195.jpg

Plans are as follows:
1) Remove 1.5-2ft of the center bench to make a small "walkway"
2) Deck in between the Rear bench and the front
3) Get some decent seats. Small pedestal on the front.
4) Fabricate some kind of TM mount for the bow.

As you guys know these projects never end and you always dream up some kind of improvement.

Thanks for looking :)

Wow, been quite a while since I've updated this.

I hadn't really done anything to the boat since last time I posted (a year ago). Made a different rod holder set up to accommodate my 4 rods and converted the center bench into storage.

A few days ago I went out into the garage to monkey around with a couple things and next thing I knew I was working on the boat. Decided I wanted to have a deck and more space.

Started by disassembling the front storage/deck I had installed previously and removing the front bench.

Then I cut the center bench in half

Once I had the remainder of the center bench made back into a useable compartment I started on making the deck supports. Kept it as simple as possible by using a 2x4 down the center with 2x2 support ribs coming off of it. Also, I used 5/8" plywood so this setup will be plenty strong to stand on.

Finished the support ribs up after a couple hours..

Then cut the rear piece of plywood, carpeted it then installed.

Started to measure the front piece and will cut, carpet and install it tomorrow.

Overall, I'm really happy with how it has turned out so far. My woodworking skills aren't the best so it's been satisfying to see it come together and actually look half decent.

The game plan after this is done is to mount my rods onto the Berkley rod holders onto the side of the boat. Then I want to have a adjustable pedestal seat in the center of the front deck area. Going to be getting a nice used motorguide bow trolling motor soon so that will be mount up with the foot pedal.

Thanks guys!

Thanks, I haven't fished with it like this but I think I'll quite enjoy it too. I was going to try and get out today but ended up being tied up most of the day.

Finished up the front portion of the deck today.

Next on the chopping block is getting my rod holder mounted. The side where I removed the half of the bench is quite flimsy so I'll most likely incorporate some bracing in with the rod holder setup.

Also need to do a little bit more carpeting and convert the rear bench into a storage place. I'll have to get some spray foam or the Pink foam to put under the deck so I have some sort of floatation since I've removed almost all of it.

I just did a mod almost exactly like this! I left a small chunk of the middle bench seat, it ended being only 18 inches. But that is where I mounted my Gps/depth. Then I installed a wood rod box on the opposite side, had to make it 8.5 foot long, and wrapped carpet along every piece of wood to prevent scratching on my rods. Looks good! And should suit you well!

Started today on converting the rear bench into storage. Removed the styrofoam that was in the bench so I now have NO floatation in the boat so i'll have to figure something out soon.

What would work best? The Pink insulation type foam or some spray foam. I'll just put it under the floor and where ever else I can.

I want to get out fishing this weekend so hopefully I can finish up soon!

Latest posts