Snakehead

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose187

Reaction score
My brother and I fished a electric only tournament in the Occoquan River in Northern Virginia today. We where about to finish the day and needed a big kicker bass to get us in the money and my brother hooked into this 6 lb snakehead. It was dissapointing not cathching the big bass we needed but the snakehead sure tasted good for super!snakehead1.jpg

Did not know you could eat those things but that is probably a good thing. Nasty looking. I wish more people ate those asian carp we have around here, they are threatening to get into the great lakes and when they do... The sheet will definitely hit the fan.

Tim

earl60446 said:
Did not know you could eat those things but that is probably a good thing. Nasty looking. I wish more people ate those asian carp we have around here, they are threatening to get into the great lakes and when they do... The sheet will definitely hit the fan.

Tim

Tim
Did you know they are going to build a proccessing plant for those things near Grafton? There may be some money to be had eradicating them.

Grafton, must be a lot of them right down there too. I have seen videos from peoria showing those asian carp inundating areas. Plus they are coming up the des plaines river which is basically also the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal which comes directly from Lake Michigan. They have setup electric barriers on the canal to stop them but I find it hard to believe that will work long term. I personally think they should shutoff the canal. Unload / load the barges if needed right at Lake Michigan. The great lakes are too important to rely on anything else.

Crazy Peoria carp guys, worth watching :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN2gMP3Q2Z4

Tim

I've heard those are a menace....but I don't know much about the snakehead fish. Looks pretty cool though.

As for the Peoria Carp Hunters....here's a better video. Definitely a good laugh. (But..they're crazy)

[youtube]Yhfd9dIkXEk&feature[/youtube]

Latest posts