Strip mine lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Two Tracks

Reaction score
34e3pqg.jpg

the buzz bait worked again. (edit) This bass was caught in a strip mine lake. It hit at 6:30 in the morining. There was a small cove off of the main lake. There was a single log sticking out of the water in the middle of this cove and I threw a 3/8ths white buzz bait about four feet past the log. I make sure that the buzz bait is moving back towards me as it hits the water so there is no splash. About two feet past the log, the bass hit. It was released after the picture.

Nice fish, but even nicer picture - very vivid, no harsh shadows, fish looks shiny. Congrats to the photographer!

This strip mine lake is near Annawan, Illinois. It is a private club that I have belonged to since the early 70's. We try to camp out there every weekend during the summer. the lake is narrow but long. Half of the lake is private and hardly ever fished. Most of the people out fishing are fishing for blue gill and crappie. There is only a few of us going after the bass. I like it that way. Last weekend I caught two bass that were almost the same size as the picture and a fair amount of 12" ones. This Friday evening we are headed out for a weeks vacation there but the temps are going to be quite hot. It doesn't seem to bother the fish but it slows me down during the heat of the day.

Ha! Me and a buddy went up to a remote strip mine lake and fished a bit, he only caught a dink though, but atleast we know its there though. We had a good time, We found a crap load of beer cans for scrap, a 55 gallon barrel full of em.