TN Musky 9-13-09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Me and a buddy hit the lake again today. Got really started about noon, and fished til dark. The day started off kinda slow at first, but as the day went out it picked up. Started off with my buddy getting a nice 38incher in the boat...
ryan38.jpg

That turned out to be the only fish in the boat, but we had 5 other follows. I had 3 myself....with one being low 40's, another mid 40's, and the last being a solid 47-48 inch fish at least. The first one(low 40's) was the first fish I had ever got to go around that many times in a figure 8....he had to of went around at least 8-9 times with it. The mid 40incher came at the bait right at the boat, started into the "8", and I think we were over top of him too much and he got spooked. The last follow for me was a real heartbreaker.....It was towards the end of the day(7-7:30), I was tired....was just doing a "J" turn at the boat....retrieving my bait, done the "J" and pulled it out of the water...only to look down and see this huge musky staring up at my bait which had already exited the water. :mad:!&*: Talk about kicking yourself in the shins.... :angry: I tried dropping the bait back in the water to no avail...soon as he realized that wasn't normal, he bolted. Oh well...he'll still be there next weekend. :D

But like I said, we still had a great day. The fish gave me my chances, but couldn't turn them into a catch. There's always next weekend. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have a quick question. I just moved into musky land, but won't be able to get the equipment until next year.

Was out fishing for smallies on the Chippewa River yesterday morning. I turned around to face the other shore and saw ripples in the water moving across the river, like a tiny little boat had driven across the river and left a wake. I figured it was a musky swimming just below the surface. true?

stinkynathan said:
Was out fishing for smallies on the Chippewa River yesterday morning. I turned around to face the other shore and saw ripples in the water moving across the river, like a tiny little boat had driven across the river and left a wake. I figured it was a musky swimming just below the surface. true?

I suppose that would be possible, but honestly hard telling what it could've been. :?

Latest posts