Tracker Tournament TX Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, got the final coat of red and clear coat on today. Took off the tape and it doesn't look bad. I started polishing the aluminum to see how it will go. Looks good when done, but it will take some work to get it polished up nice. If anybody has a trick for polishing aluminum, please let me know. Decals and pinstripe are on order so I hope to get them on the end of next week.

Attachments

• polishing aluminum.jpg
    polishing aluminum.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 975
  • tape off1.jpg
    tape off1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 975
  • tape off.jpg
    tape off.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 975
  • final coat1.jpg
    final coat1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 975
With the cold and hunting season it's been little while since I've worked on the boat. I got the pinstripe and decals on. Still missing a decal or two, but this is a good start. Goal is to get it back on the trailer next weekend and start working on the inside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 930
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 930
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 930
dang she looks fresh. i love the red with the polished aluminum.

you can get the aluminum to a mirror finish but the upkeep isnt worth it IMO. if youve ever had polished wheels you know how much of a nightmare it can be to keep the shine deep

id hit it with scotchbrite and leave it at that but thats just me.

Thanks, I'm starting to agree its probably not worth it to keep it polished. The river usually turns it anyway.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336682#p336682 said:
Bobsbaits » Yesterday, 23:03[/url]"]Thanks, I'm starting to agree its probably not worth it to keep it polished. The river usually turns it anyway.
yeah i know around here the water is pretty much always stained. thats why i always keep a coat of wax on my boats, seals all that stuff out AND makes it easier to just wipe it off with a rag if you need to

Out of town with work for a couple weeks so I'm getting a little behind, but I did get to take advantage of the nice weather we had this weekend. Cleaned the oxidation off the aluminum but I'm not going to work on a mirror finish. just don't think it's worth the work. Once I got that cleaned I put the boat back on the trailer so I could start working on the inside. I got the back deck pieces together and some new foam on the floor. Bought a built in gas tank, but I probably should have bought a tape measure. Close, but the fittings are too high to close the lid. Anybody have any experience putting new fittings on a tank? I'm going to think about it for a few days till I get back to working on it after Christmas.

Attachments

• dec23f.jpg
    dec23f.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 857
  • dec23e.jpg
    dec23e.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 857
  • dec23c.jpg
    dec23c.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 857
  • dec23a.jpg
    dec23a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 857
  • dec22l.jpg
    dec22l.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 857
  • dec22k.jpg
    dec22k.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 857
  • dec22j.jpg
    dec22j.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 857
  • dec22f.jpg
    dec22f.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 857
  • dec22d.jpg
    dec22d.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 857
  • dec22c.jpg
    dec22c.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 857
if you have a plastic shop nearby they can put the fitting wherever you like. its usually not too expensive either. just depends on if you are past the point of having someone else do it

Thanks, I might try that. I spent some time looking it over and was thinking I could cut down the neck and put a 90 degree radiator hose on top. If the cut down neck and hose is 1/2" shorter than the current long neck, if should work out ok. If not, I will hunt a plastic shop.

What a great rebuild. The boat looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product. I think something like this will be my next project. What size motor is on it?

Ok, doesn't look like I got a lot done but took a while to tie the back end all together. I got the new gas tank in. I went from 2 6 gallon portable tanks to 1 22 gallon permanent mount. Don't often burn that much gas but there are a few river tournaments where I actually burn over 6 gallons running up river and till the day was over I have to use a spare 1 gal can I carry along to make it back to the dock. Jets are good for river fishing, but they do burn a lot of gas. Running out wouldn't be a problem now. I also tied the livewell plumbing all together so now I will have real drains and pump out. Seemed like more thinking than working this weekend.

Attachments

• txdecal.jpg
    txdecal.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 895
  • backend.jpg
    backend.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 895
  • gastank.jpg
    gastank.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 895
Finished the back deck today in prep for carpet. Put some pour foam in to make up for what I had to take out and then installed the rear deck boxes.

Attachments

• backdeck.jpg
    backdeck.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 875
  • foam.jpg
    foam.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 875