Tracker Tournament TX Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, been a little while since I posted some updates, so I thought I would try to catch up. Since the last update I installed the last deck piece finished the carpeting, livewell, inside rod box, wiring, cooler, console, moved the trolling motor batteries to the front, rod straps, front and back seats, console graph, transducers w/cable covers, LEDs, trolling motor foot pedal pan and battery charger. Still need to finish a couple hatch lids and figure out how to attach the main seats. It seems the seats I got on sale at iBoats were a little wider than the originals so need to raise them a little. I will post some more detailed pictures later that show where I put the light holders, new dink board, inside compartment LEDs, etc. Hoping to get the seats in today and finish the hatch lids. Next weekend I will work on the motor. Was hoping to repaint the motor, but I have a tournament on the 23rd so I may have to leave that till later in the spring or summer.

Attachments

• trackera.jpg
    trackera.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 898
  • trackerb.jpg
    trackerb.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 898
  • tracker c.jpg
    tracker c.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 898
  • trackerbb.jpg
    trackerbb.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 898
  • trackere.jpg
    trackere.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 898
  • trackerf.jpg
    trackerf.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 898
  • trackerg.jpg
    trackerg.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 898
  • trackerh.jpg
    trackerh.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 898
Ok, here's a few more pictures. I got the seats installed today and hooked up the jack plate to get ready for hooking the jet up next weekend. Also got another hatch lid carpeted and installed. Not my favorite job scrapping the old glue and prepping for new.

Attachments

• tracker1.jpg
    tracker1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 867
  • tracker2.jpg
    tracker2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 867
  • tracker3.jpg
    tracker3.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 867
  • tracker4.jpg
    tracker4.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 867
  • tracker5.jpg
    tracker5.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 867
  • tracker6.jpg
    tracker6.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 867
Busy weekend trying to get ready for my tournament next weekend. Tried to focus on what I know I needed done so I could fish and figured I could catch up on the rest later. Biggest disappointment was putting the motor back on without painting it. I had really planed on getting that repainted and have all the paint and decals ready to go. First thing this weekend my dad and I hung the motor. We used a cum along and a lawm mower lifter. Tractor was in the shop so I couldn't use it like I did to take off. Really, it went on better than off. Thank goodness I used blue tape to mark all the wires when I disconected them, it made it much easier to connect. Next I put the Hydrturf on and hooked up the trolling motor. I used 3m glue to fasten the turf. Don't have my new front graph yet, but I went ahead and drilled the holes and put in the wire covers so it will be easier when it comes in. I also finished putting a lid on the cooler and finishing the rod box lid. One last hatch lid to go and that is the back deck. Have it carpeted, but not installed yet. I put a new starter battery in while I was at it, figured the old one was going on 5 years old. I went ahead and put a couple gallons of gas in and it fired right up. Went ahead and did some rigging, got the last of the rod straps in, a trolling motor strap, a new Gman trolling motor cable, added some decals for a finishing touch, put on a new winch strap, put the paddle holders under the rod box lid (wouldn't fit under the back with the new gas tank), added a plano box holder to one of the rear hatch boxes, installed the fire extinguisher and even organized and put my tackle back in the boat. Still have a few things to do next weekend before the tournament. I'm going to take it out for a spin Friday. Everything functions in the garage, but need to see how it works on the water. Sorry, lengthy ost and ots of pictures.

Will post some follow ups next weekend after I finish off the little things.

Attachments

• trackeroo.jpg
    trackeroo.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 796
  • trackernn.jpg
    trackernn.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 796
  • trackermm.jpg
    trackermm.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerpp.jpg
    trackerpp.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerll.jpg
    trackerll.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerkk.jpg
    trackerkk.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerjj.jpg
    trackerjj.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerii.jpg
    trackerii.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerhh.jpg
    trackerhh.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 796
  • trackergg.jpg
    trackergg.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerff.jpg
    trackerff.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 796
  • trackeree.jpg
    trackeree.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerdd.jpg
    trackerdd.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 796
  • trackercc.jpg
    trackercc.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 796
  • trackerbb.jpg
    trackerbb.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 796
  • trackeraa.jpg
    trackeraa.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 796
Been a little while so I figured I would catch everyone up. The maiden voyage didn't go quite as planned. I have the throttle and gear cables reversed. Made for an interesting launch. Till I got those straighten out, I had the adjustments screwed up. Long story short, I spent the day idling around because I couldn't figure it out. Thought I had it figured out and went out for my first tournament of the year the next day. I still had something wrong so I spent that day idling as well. I had all but 13 lbs of smallmouth and thought I was having a good day till I saw it took 18 lbs to win. I also discovered the seats I had were just too big. I bought them off iBoats when they had the 75% off sale. Awesome seats, but just too wide and too high. Couldn't even get the boat in reverse. Also when I put the trolling motor in the water it ran in reverse. I thought I messed up the panel when I put it in, but here the trolling motor plug was reveresed wired. All in all it wasn't too bad, everything else seemed to work ok. I've replaced the seats and added a drop in box in the front for 3600 plano boxes. Still have some odds and ends to finish like wiring and gauges but overall I everything seems to be working ok and as long as the fishing is good, I'll probably fish:)

Attachments

• april5.jpg
    april5.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 718
  • april5a.jpg
    april5a.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 718
  • april5b.jpg
    april5b.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 718
  • april5c.jpg
    april5c.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 718
  • april5d.jpg
    april5d.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 718
  • april6.jpg
    april6.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 718
  • april6a.jpg
    april6a.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 718
  • april6b.jpg
    april6b.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 718
Looks great. Sorry to hear about the seats and some technical difficulties, but we all know that's just par for the course with these builds. You've put together a fantastic rig.

And a 13# sack of fish usually has a pretty good chance of winning money down here too - so congrats on the catches.

Nice tracker bud, looks like your getting some good bass fishin in as well!

Thanks for the kind words. The technical difficulties were mostly stupid stuff done trying to get the boat ready too soon, but in the end I was able to fix them. As for the jet performance, the props certainly run much better but when you run up river in the morning and then realize how shallow the water was because the boat wouldn't even drift over what you just ran up you realize why you have the jet. Where I live we have the Susquehanna and a lot of trolling motor only lakes close by. This rig works perfect for both and if I want to go to a bigger lake I can.

The metal organizer was a closeout at a Gander Mountain store, but I did see them online. I cut it down to fit. i got the plastic one years ago but they are available on Basscat.com.