NEED HELP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1436delta

Reaction score
OK GUYS I NEED SOME HELP I HAVE BEEN TRY TO COME UP WITH A BRACKET TO FIT THE BRACE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT (I AM SHURE IT HAS A NAME FOR IT AND SOMEBODY IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT IT IS :lol: :lol: )MY BRACES ARE ROUNDED NOT SQUARE INFO WOULD BE NICE HERE IS SOME PICS

Attachments

• scott pic 040.jpg
    scott pic 040.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 1,110
  • scott pic 039.jpg
    scott pic 039.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 1,110
I think your talking about the ribs?? :lol:

But what kind of bracket are you talking about? Like what are you wanting to do

What I want to do is ad a deck from the middle set foward so the bracing that comes up from the ribs up to the floor bracing

rtb22.gif
Simpson Strong tie RTB22

Instead of making a cross, turn the piece of wood in the front so that the end points into the other piece of wood... so the back piece of wood represents your ribs, then put the end of whatever you use (wood or aluminum) into that and screw it in

HEY RUSS THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT HOW DO I MOUNT THAT TO THE RIBS OF MY BOAT TO TYE EVRYTHING TOGETHER #-o STILL DONT KNOW HAVING A BRAIN FART WHERE CAN I GET THOSE BRACKETS :?:

WELL JUST GOT BACK FROM FISHING FEW SMALL ONES :---) NOT THE WIND WAS CRAZY HERE NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THE BOAT GOING TO SELL IT POSTED IT JUST NOW ON CRIAGSLIST AN THE THINGS FOR SALE ON THIS SIGHT NEED TO SELL GOING TO LOOK FOR TIN BASS BOAT

There is no walking around I am 6 2 260 pounds me on the front and my son in the back it is very tipsy this is my first boat this small

I'm a guy slightly bigger than you. I picked up a 1548 modified V about a month ago. It's extremely stable. Had it out a few times with no issues. That was even with a wood floor in it decked up about 6" below the top. I had the same concerns when I was looking at a 1436(but the price is right). The problem is for us big guys it's just not wide enough to be stable. I would just watch craigslist for the right opportunity. I actually bought mine used from a dealer in my area that wanted it gone before winter and got a pretty good deal.

yea, I'm bigger than you too, 6:1 290#. I have a 16' semi-v. I feel comfortable standing in it. I agree, don't give up on light weight tinnies yet. A wider one will work for you.

No way I will give up on tin boats had some bad glass boat problem like big splits in the bow to soft Glass things floating on the water knocking holes in them had a tracker tx17 with a rude 85hp but it was getting well used when I got rid of it starting to leak pretty bad all over I would like to find one of the newer all welded but got to get rid of some stuff and save some money might even try to buy a new one like I want but they are very proud of them haha it will all work out I hope maybe Santa will get me one lol so I will never give up on aluminum